• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Npq plc-c 09

Fetter

I just got home after being NPQ'd two weeks into the program. I had foot surgery last August, started walking by December, running by January. I thought I would be okay because I was doing well on the PFT. I cannot stress enough that how well one does on the PFT doesn't mean jack after sleep deprovation sets in and you have no rest to recover any tempermental areas on your body that could potentially cause problems.

I was surprised at how much the medical staff tried to retain candidates! After a few days of PT, marching, and running around with no more than three hours of sleep- I knew my foot wasn't going to take any more of it. I landed on my foot the wrong way one morning on uneven ground and that was it for me. I went to medical and they put me on light duty with physical therapy for five days in a row before they considered NPQ. Some guys were on light duty for as long as a week and got back into training full duty. So, I believe medical is really there to help people and not drop anyone who comes in the door.

I also wanted to thank everyone on the forum who has helped me get this far. I learned a lot about myself in just two weeks and I am glad I had the opportunity to attend even if my foot prevents me from getting back in. I have a lot more respect for everyone who made it through OCS- it was 10X harder than I thought it would be.

Fetter

I found out a while ago that I had two fused bones in the outer part of my foot (since birth). For lack of technical terms- the bones that extend to your toes are supposed to move freely. Well two of mine were stuck together and when I ran for a long time or even walked, I would get pain. I had surgery to separate the bones and I guess they are moving independently now, but I am still having pain after lots and lots of pounding. Pre-OCS I would give it a day between runs and I had no problem, but as everyone knows...there is no time for adequate rest at OCS.

I am not really planning on going back until I am certain that the foot can take that type of abuse. It is more important that Marine Officers be completely fit for duty than it is for me to reach my goals.