• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Now that I'm 26, how many SNA boards can I apply to?

lhill6139

This post caught my eye:

"As far as 26 being to old, its not. I applied in FEB of 2007 after having turned 26 in DEC 2006. I got in by applying to 3 boards in 4 months. Its possible if you work hard for yourself and find a recruiter that will help you get it put together quickly. If one guy won't help then find somebody else who will. "No" doesn't really mean "No" in the military if your determined to accomplish something. Just keep working hard and be ready to take the ASTB 2 or 3 times so you don't have to wait around 6 months at a time between boards."

Basically, I'm in the same boat. I'm turning 26 on Jan 25th 2010, and I'll be applying SNA to the first FY 11 board (either March or April, anybody know?). My initial talks with two LTs gave me the explicit understanding that I would only be able to go up for one board due to my age and the resulting time constraints. However, after reading the above post, I feel like that's not the case. I realize it depends on the year you're applying for and how many SNA boards are available, but I don't currently have that information at my disposal.

Any thoughts/insight into the matter would be greatly appreciated.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Sounds like they are saying you would have to class up in OCT of this year by applying for the March boards. You have to be commissioned by your 27th B-Day unless you are prior service. Your B-Day is in late January but you would have to account for December leave if you weren't in the first OCT class this year thus pushing your graduation date. So I can only speculate they are saying your "best" chance to get in would be 1 board and 1 board only based on just this information. You are also not taking into account a roll during OCS or anything else such as injury. I would bet your recruiters are giving you a best case senario. However, if you look hard enough on this site I'm sure someone has a scenario when they went to OCS in OCT after applying for the June boards. I think your recruiters know more about you and your situation thus making me think they are more correct. Are you competitive? The guy above could have been lucky as well. It's hard to say yes or no on this because I'm sure it has to do with the individual and the needs of the Navy. You are also talking about a couple of years ago versus today when the aviation schools are backed up with loads of candidates.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
When I was at OCS in 2000, there was a guy that was set to graduate within a few days of his cutoff birthday (I thought it was 30 then, but don't remember as it didn't apply to me, I was 22). He got rolled a class for failing the inspections and DOR'd the next day. Basically, he said he joined the Navy to fly and if he couldn't do that, he was out.

So, it does happen that people can squeak in there, but it is rare. Pretty much everyting will have to go your way for it to work out. Good luck to you.