• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov or Dec OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
bizzin,

When i was in my recruiters office, it looked like the Nov class only had like 7 or 8 guys in it. My Master Chief said that they could role that class to Dec if it didnt have atleast 16. I'd ask about it before you make a trip to P-Cola and have to possibly sit around for a month.

Dave

bizzin

Thanks for the info, EODDave.

That really upsets me because I was told to get there by 3 Nov, no orders yet, I'm rushing to get things done here so that I can wait a month there. Sounds like the Navy to me. Is that all of Nov? Or just Nov 3?

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
From what I saw on the sheet, there is only one class in november. I'd ask your recruiter whats up. They may have enough people for that class now. I'd definetly ask though.

Dave

bizzin

Got an e-mail from LT sanders, the PAO at OCS, NASC. As far as he knows the class is good to go. Hope I don't have to wait a month, thanks for looking out!

Bryan

gt0767a

As far as I know the Nov 3rd OCS class is a go. I am supposed to pick up my orders this week. There are three people headed out from houston for that class.

Just preparing things here to head out.

Christine

bizzin

Your orders should come very soon, I just got mine yesterday, at the very last minute, I start my drive from Monterey CA Monday, Sucks. Chief Cline in Millington TN writes orders, he e-mailed mine. He is at (901) 874-3863 if you're pressed for time.

Bryan

gt0767a

Thanks for this info, but I am not in a big rush. Not heading out until the morning of the 3rd. Have a nice drive. See ya there.

SNA Russell

Bryan,

You're driving to OCS from Monterey? I live in Santa Cruz and was thinking of doing the same. Let me know how long it takes you, how long it was supposed to take you, etc. Thanks.

-Rory

Edited by - SNA Russell on 10/29/2001 02:43:35

Gator

Dave I haven't turned in my new degree completion form yet. I was waiting to find out when you'll be able to take off for OCS. Let me know.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
This just in,

The November 9th OCS class has 9 OC's, the Nov 24th class has 4 OC's and the Dec 8th class (mine) has 11 OC's. I am calling PCOAL to ask wich of these classes might get combined. More later

Dave

magnum

EODDAVE-Hey! Where did you get such detailed information on class size? I would like to find out how many will be in mine-JAN 12/02

MAGNUM

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
OK,

I talked to LCDR Clinton at OCS (XO I think). He said that a class needs to be 16-20 people to start up. Without that many it would be impossible to stand watch and perform senior class duties (indoc for new classes). He informed me that the Nov 24th class will probably roll into the Dec 8th class. He did say that the Dec 8th class was a go due to the large class sizes in January. For all Jan classes (three of them), they all have 60+ people. Problem is that 60 is the max OCS will put in a class, or so LCDR Clinton said. SO that is the latest and greatest. He didnt say anything about the Nov 9 class. However, with only 9 people being in it maybe they will take people from the last oct class or... roll to Dec? Dont know, but if I was in a Nov class, I would be asking some questions. LCDR Clinton said that CNRC has the final word on when they send people to OCS. Hope this helps and doesnt freak anyone out.

Dave

SNA Russell

For anyone who has already been to OCS: do you think it's better to be in a larger class or a smaller class? I'm going to be in the first January class. Will it be better to go through OCS with 60 Officer Candidates or with a smaller number?

-Rory

Status
Not open for further replies.