• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

speedroller

Rangers
Man I have seen you on most of these boards, I was in a similar situation ( you definitely have been at it longer though) sorry to see you missing another one. What held you back this time?
Going at it since April. It's timing with MEPS, last time I was there was in July. Ever since I've been trying to get back in, doesn't help being handed from one Recruiter to another either. I'll keep at it until I age out.

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
Going at it since April. It's timing with MEPS, last time I was there was in July. Ever since I've been trying to get back in, doesn't help being handed from one Recruiter to another either. I'll keep at it until I age out.

Hey man. I've been right there with yah. I had the same shit from being bounced around with different recruiters and being led on about my package because they were dragging. Finally transferred my package to another NRD and got it swayed away. Luckily I made it for this board in December. Sorry to hear about your luck, but it'll happen man.

speedroller

Rangers
Hey man. I've been right there with yah. I had the same shit from being bounced around with different recruiters and being led on about my package because they were dragging. Finally transferred my package to another NRD and got it swayed away. Luckily I made it for this board in December. Sorry to hear about your luck, but it'll happen man.
Perhaps, I should transfer as well. I was given an option to try out for another board, completely different designator to "test the waters" and if I got selected and didn't want to proceed, to deny my Pro-Y. Worst advice ever.

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
Perhaps, I should transfer as well. I was given an option to try out for another board, completely different designator to "test the waters" and if I got selected and didn't want to proceed, to deny my Pro-Y. Worst advice ever.

My situation is slightly unique in the ability to change to a new district but I couldn't imagine it being difficult.
Just communicate with your current recruiter, and NRD, to arrange for the transfer of all your information. And be persistent about it.
I don't say that this is good advice, if you're finally squared away with your current recruiter then you should stick through it. But I was literally going nowhere after everything had been completed and handled back in March. So that's why I switched.
And yeah, denying a ProRec Y sounds like God awful advice.

Corpsmanup780

pilot
Not all recruiters were created equal... It can really push you away from one service or another unfortunately.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
You're within regs for a female applicant but you're cutting it close and could be anthro'd out of ejection seat. I can't remember where I saw it but there was a note that applicant's under 62" may have a hard time passing anthro. There's still other options that fly though.

No point in stopping your application just because you could be anthro'd out. Stick with it, think tall thoughts, and sleep upside down. (don't sleep upside down, it's crazy bad for you.)

edit: forgot to mention that anthro takes place during the preflight indoc phase.
Anther is not just about height. I would assume the best advice can only be given my the flight surgeon. You also get anthro'd during OCS.

FireFor3ffect

Anther is not just about height. I would assume the best advice can only be given my the flight surgeon. You also get anthro'd during OCS.

I know, but typically body measurements are proportional to overall height. And you're right about the flight surgeon having the only say, we're all here just bullshitting until proven otherwise.

Corpsmanup780

pilot
Question for anybody with an understanding of the inner workings of the selection board. Does the board read in between the lines at all in the packages? My particular example is that I took one semester of college before I joined the Navy and tanked practically every class (I think I carried a 1.2). Since joining the Navy I got my act together and graduated with a 3.0. The result is that my Cumulative GPA obviously took a hit (on the Navy GPA sheet I am calculated at an overall 2.6), however, I am hoping that perhaps the board will notice the dates and be able to make the connection that I am not the dumb kid that I was when I was 18.

exNavyOffRec

Question for anybody with an understanding of the inner workings of the selection board. Does the board read in between the lines at all in the packages? My particular example is that I took one semester of college before I joined the Navy and tanked practically every class (I think I carried a 1.2). Since joining the Navy I got my act together and graduated with a 3.0. The result is that my Cumulative GPA obviously took a hit (on the Navy GPA sheet I am calculated at an overall 2.6), however, I am hoping that perhaps the board will notice the dates and be able to make the connection that I am not the dumb kid that I was when I was 18.

They spend barely any time on each application, if they look at your transcripts they will probably know what happened.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Does the board read in between the lines at all in the packages?
Totally concur with comment above. The board only lasts one day and given the number of applications, there is no way they spend much time on each application. While your cumulative GPA is just above the minimum, you have a great ASTB score and you have some flight hours. If selection rates are high for this board, I'd say you have a decent chance. If the selection rate drops considerably...maybe not. Best of luck!