• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

mlc4202

Hello all. I am hoping to submit my packet to this pilot board. My recruiter seems to think I have a really good chance of getting selected, but after seeing scores on here, I am now super nervous. Any ideas? He seems to think that the engineering degree will weigh heavily in my favor.

SNA Applicant
Age 22, female, non-prior
Major: Chemical Engineering
GPA: 3.13
OAR/ASTB: 54 6/6/6
No waivers
LORs: 1 professor, 2 previous employers, HS calculus teacher, 2 prior enlisted

Not sure what LORs I will end up using, I just got one from everyone I thought might be a decent pick.

KnightFlight

What? I watched a buddy lose aviation because he was turning 27 3 days after commission. If you werent there to see it it prob didnt happen. Doesnt sound like the Navy.
I was there to see it. I even talked to him about OCS for a couple hours the week before he left.
As for your friend, it's possible they didn't want to risk sending him to OCS with only 3 days to work with. People roll all the time, no matter the circumstances. They don't care if you are about to age out, get married, have a baby, they will roll you back 3 weeks if they want. Pretty sure our class broke the record on RLP failures :p

TeamCope

Hi all long time lurker checking in.
Submitted 1Oct - Hoping for the best out of the December 1st board.

SNA/SNFO Application
22 M
B.S. Computer Science
GPA: 2.8
OAR/ASTB: 65 7/8/7
Tattoo Waiver
LOR's: (2)O-6, O-7, USMC O-3, 3 previous employers

Hoping for the best, goodluck everyone!

Gabriel Pramik

Hello all. I am hoping to submit my packet to this pilot board. My recruiter seems to think I have a really good chance of getting selected, but after seeing scores on here, I am now super nervous. Any ideas? He seems to think that the engineering degree will weigh heavily in my favor.

SNA Applicant
Age 22, female, non-prior
Major: Chemical Engineering
GPA: 3.13
OAR/ASTB: 54 6/6/6
No waivers
LORs: 1 professor, 2 previous employers, HS calculus teacher, 2 prior enlisted

Not sure what LORs I will end up using, I just got one from everyone I thought might be a decent pick.
I think you'll be fine. The selection percentage has been really good lately 90-95%. Engineering degree is definitely a plus.

afsf1

Finally officially in for this board. Likely my only shot due to aging out similar to some of the other applicants, good luck to all!

SNA
Second time applying (accepted two years ago but rejected due to eyes out of spec, have had more PRK)
B.S. Comp Sci/ Civil Engineering
ASTB 8/8/8/73
Traffic ticket waiver
2x PRK waivers

mlc4202

Does anyone know what the process is after being pro-rec yes? I read on another one of these forums that between pro-rec and finsel you do another physical at MEPS where they take your anthropometric measurements to make sure you can do any of the pipelines. Is this correct? I am extremely worried about being too small for any of the pipelines, and I would really like to know if I can't be a pilot BEFORE going all the way through OCS.

FireFor3ffect

Does anyone know what the process is after being pro-rec yes? I read on another one of these forums that between pro-rec and finsel you do another physical at MEPS where they take your anthropometric measurements to make sure you can do any of the pipelines. Is this correct? I am extremely worried about being too small for any of the pipelines, and I would really like to know if I can't be a pilot BEFORE going all the way through OCS.
How tall are you?

FireFor3ffect

61.75" according to MEPS
You're within regs for a female applicant but you're cutting it close and could be anthro'd out of ejection seat. I can't remember where I saw it but there was a note that applicant's under 62" may have a hard time passing anthro. There's still other options that fly though.

No point in stopping your application just because you could be anthro'd out. Stick with it, think tall thoughts, and sleep upside down. (don't sleep upside down, it's crazy bad for you.)

edit: forgot to mention that anthro takes place during the preflight indoc phase.

mlc4202

Thanks. I'm not planning to pull my application and while it would suck to be knocked out of ejection seat, I'm willing to fly other pipelines. Do you know what happens if you get anthroed out lf all pipelines at your physical? Do they redesignate you? What I want to avoid is getting stuck in another rate because of this. Also I think I know what post you're referring to except I thought it said 64" :/

mlc4202

Also I just asked my recruiter about this and he said they don't do that anymore. Is he totally full of it? That seems bizarre to me.

exNavyOffRec

MEPS doesn't take anthros, and they never have.

Phoenix19917

Looks like it's a miss for me.. again for the 4th time. See you all on the next board.
Man I have seen you on most of these boards, I was in a similar situation ( you definitely have been at it longer though) sorry to see you missing another one. What held you back this time?