• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

exNavyOffRec

Multiple Pro Rec Y's from the last board for both SNA and NFO were selected with the minimums so I would have to say it is likely a combination of whole person. However the individuals I am talking about are active duty AW's and one of which was still in his last college courses. This may differ for college grads.

They tout the whole person concept in OR school, and it does apply to certain designators, when it comes to aviation it is all about can you make it through flight school, and the ASTB is the indicator, can't tell you how many that were the ideal "whole person concept" but they had scores that were 5's or 6's and not picked up (this was when boards were competitive 50% selection rates), again now with selection rates up to the "nearly everyone getting picked up" range it is not surprising many are getting picked that just meet the minimum requirements.

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
Checking in! Finally got my waiver and got everything submitted. Feels unreal to finally have this thing going to board.

Noah G. Smith

So I got a call a couple days ago from the people who do the security clearance. I am meeting with someone today at 10. Is this just standard procedure for everyone applying, or is it a good sign?

Derek O

So I got a call a couple days ago from the people who do the security clearance. I am meeting with someone today at 10. Is this just standard procedure for everyone applying, or is it a good sign?

Standard procedure. The investigators spend months calling and meeting with random people you've spent time with throughout your life.

Noah G. Smith

Standard procedure. The investigators spend months calling and meeting with random people you've spent time with throughout your life.
I was told by a couple people in the navy and army that it costs the government a lot of money to perform these security clearances. Basically meaning that they only do them if your being considered. Do you think there is any merit to this?

Derek O

I was told by a couple people in the navy and army that it costs the government a lot of money to perform these security clearances. Basically meaning that they only do them if your being considered. Do you think there is any merit to this?

Well you'll still have to go through the application process just the same, but basically it means going off of the forms you filled out and history you gave about yourself they warranted you were worth investigating for a security clearance. No legitimate red flags showed up that deterred them from performing an investigation. The process takes a long time, just forget all about it and one day many months from now you'll learn your case was finished.

Corpsmanup780

pilot

Don't start counting your chickens just yet. Yes the clearances cost money, however, it does not mean that you should go out and get your moto tattoo just yet. It is a step in the right direction but that is all it is, a step.

Last edited:

Noah G. Smith

Well you'll still have to go through the application process just the same, but basically it means going off of the forms you filled out and history you gave about yourself they warranted you were worth investigating for a security clearance. No legitimate red flags showed up that deterred them from performing an investigation. The process takes a long time, just forget all about it and one day many months from now you'll learn your case was finished.
Ok, thanks for the info!

exNavyOffRec

It depends when the NRD submits the signature pages to open the investigation, some do it whenever they get them signed, some wait until after the results are out, the initial investigation to be able to go to OCS doesn't take that long.