• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

exNavyOffRec

Finally got my CO's rec and got it submitted on Friday. For those among us that are active duty, I asked the ocsquestions email about selection rates and was told that the last few boards saw a 60% to 80% selection rate for active duty applying for pilot and nfo.

If they actually told you the correct numbers those aren't that good of numbers compared to the overall selection numbers.

Kraner

If you get a no for NFO and yes for SWO you will automatically be processed for a FS letter for SWO, if you don't wan't to be a SWO don't apply for it.

So, no. But if I where I get no for both, I could change my packet up a little and try again? I mean by scores aren't bad 56 6,6,5 but certainly not stellar compared to 8s and 9s. Hopefully they take the whole-person perspective!

Gabriel Pramik

I talked to me recruiter today and asked about my package. He told me that I would not find anything out until at least mid November. He explained that you have to get your package in at least 30 days prior to the convening of the board for it to be reviewed. So you most likely will not hear anything until January. That's assuming they have a board in January or the middle of December.
EDIT* Just FYI, I got my package in on Oct. 1st.
30 days seems a bit overkill. I have heard 10-14 days at the max. Intel packages are the same and have set board dates. Recruiters also don't know everything. I had one tell me that my degree had to be conferred in order to apply because I am active duty which is not true. If I believed them I would not have just put my package in and would likely have missed this next board.

Gabriel Pramik

So, no. But if I where I get no for both, I could change my packet up a little and try again? I mean by scores aren't bad 56 6,6,5 but certainly not stellar compared to 8s and 9s. Hopefully they take the whole-person perspective!
People get picked up with 454 which is the minimum. One of three STA-21 pilot applicants selected was a active duty female with one year in and 454. That program is super competitive compared to OCS. I heard from an Officer who has sat boards and he said the ASTB is a like a pre req. If you meet the minimums then your package moves on. People freak out about it like its the deciding factor. But then again who really knows.

Last edited:

Noah G. Smith

30 days seems a bit overkill. I have heard 10-14 days at the max. Intel packages are the same and have set board dates. Recruiters also don't know everything. I had one tell me that my degree had to be conferred in order to apply because I am active duty which is not true. If I believed them I would not have just put my package in and would likely have missed this next board.
I agree with you they recruiters don't know everything. I don't know what the deal is with my recruiter. He has told me so many conflicting things throughout the creation of my package. He once specifically told me that he had an NFA applicant of his got accepted 2 or 3 weeks after putting his package in. So I checked in with him at 3 weeks and he told me the 30 day thing.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I believe they say 30 days because the NRD and then NRC has to do their own processing/routing on your package after your Processor submits it and before it gets to PRO-BOARD.

exNavyOffRec

I am not sure where you get your info but NRC puts out the NRC due date and the NRC board date, in most cases 30 days is the minimum, some it is 6 weeks, SWO/NFO/SNA are rolling now so you never know with them, they used to be 30 days. If a person wants to be safe they need to get it in at least a week before the NRC due date.

exNavyOffRec

People get picked up with 454 which is the minimum. One of three STA-21 pilot applicants selected was a active duty female with one year in and 454. That program is super competitive compared to OCS. I heard from an Officer who has sat boards and he said the ASTB is a like a pre req. If you meet the minimums then your package moves on. People freak out about it like its the deciding factor. But then again who really knows.

454 depending on what you are going for is NOT qualifying, the PFAR min is 5 and the FOFAR min is 5, before they required a PQ letter it was very very rare for anyone with 5's or 6's to get picked up, now it has lowered since the PQ letter thins the heard.

the ASTB may be a pre req for STA-21 but for OCS is the THE main factor, the barely look at motivational statements, or anything else.

Doc Walsh

HM1 -> Pilot
pilot
I just called Millington just to ensure my application made it down there. The guy I talked to told me that the next board is going to be 01Dec.

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
Is the due date moved back to Nov 11?
I might not be the most reliable source, but what I've read here is that there's no set due date for packages. However, the mantra tends to be "hurry up and wait."
I.e. Hurry up and turn in the package and wait for the answer.

Gabriel Pramik

454 depending on what you are going for is NOT qualifying, the PFAR min is 5 and the FOFAR min is 5, before they required a PQ letter it was very very rare for anyone with 5's or 6's to get picked up, now it has lowered since the PQ letter thins the heard.

the ASTB may be a pre req for STA-21 but for OCS is the THE main factor, the barely look at motivational statements, or anything else.
Multiple Pro Rec Y's from the last board for both SNA and NFO were selected with the minimums so I would have to say it is likely a combination of whole person. However the individuals I am talking about are active duty AW's and one of which was still in his last college courses. This may differ for college grads.

Gabriel Pramik

If they actually told you the correct numbers those aren't that good of numbers compared to the overall selection numbers.
Those number do seem low. The overall selection percentages for pilot I heard were 90-95% and NFO was lower around 60%. Don't quote me on this its all hear say lol.