• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

Derek O

First time posting here. I sent my package in on October 1st. From what I gather, I shouldn't expect to hear anything until mid to late November then?
EDIT*: Also, have any of you heard anything about people getting in with a waiver for possession as a juvenile? It was a stupid mistake from the past that I had to get a waiver for. Do you think it will be a big factor?

I am no recruiter expert so take this with a grain of salt, but I have known two officers who commissioned on drug waivers for some sort of citation they received prior to the navy. I hope that helps, and again that's just my experience.

ehoney

Not in Kansas anymore
The boards on average happen every three months. Why does everyone seem to think its going to happen only a month from the last one (Sep 24th) ?

Well the supposed date is December 2nd, which would be three-ish months from the September board. However, it sounds like you'll need your packet in a few weeks beforehand to be considered.

But then again, what do we know? We're like mushrooms here with reliable information...

exNavyOffRec

First time posting here. I sent my package in on October 1st. From what I gather, I shouldn't expect to hear anything until mid to late November then?
EDIT*: Also, have any of you heard anything about people getting in with a waiver for possession as a juvenile? It was a stupid mistake from the past that I had to get a waiver for. Do you think it will be a big factor?

a possession waiver is possible, and aviation is more forgiving on those items then other designators

Noah G. Smith

I am no recruiter expert so take this with a grain of salt, but I have known two officers who commissioned on drug waivers for some sort of citation they received prior to the navy. I hope that helps, and again that's just my experience.
Ok, thanks for the info! I wonder what their scores were like. I'm hoping my scores will overcome any negative aspect of having to get a waiver.

Noah G. Smith

a possession waiver is possible, and aviation is more forgiving on those items then other designators
I was under the impression that you got the waiver before you even sent the package in. I had to write a statement of what happened and why I chose to not smoke after the incident( I was 17).
So are you saying they decide if it is waiverable when they receive it?

exNavyOffRec

I was under the impression that you got the waiver before you even sent the package in. I had to write a statement of what happened and why I chose to not smoke after the incident( I was 17).
So are you saying they decide if it is waiverable when they receive it?

The waiver is given before the application is sent to board, now the board can then decide when looking at the entire application if they want to pick you or not.

Physbrah

I was wondering if anyone knew the rough timetable for how long it takes an application package to reach the board once it's been submitted. My package will be "finished" with the final signatures, etc. on Nov 17. Should I anticipate that it will be "ready for review" in a matter of days? Weeks? I was hoping to make this upcoming board. Thanks for any insight!

I'm probably the only one hoping the board convenes as late as possible, lol.

Noah G. Smith

I was wondering if anyone knew the rough timetable for how long it takes an application package to reach the board once it's been submitted. My package will be "finished" with the final signatures, etc. on Nov 17. Should I anticipate that it will be "ready for review" in a matter of days? Weeks? I was hoping to make this upcoming board. Thanks for any insight!

I'm probably the only one hoping the board convenes as late as possible, lol.
I talked to me recruiter today and asked about my package. He told me that I would not find anything out until at least mid November. He explained that you have to get your package in at least 30 days prior to the convening of the board for it to be reviewed. So you most likely will not hear anything until January. That's assuming they have a board in January or the middle of December.
EDIT* Just FYI, I got my package in on Oct. 1st.

MM1 SS/DV

Looks like I missed all the fun the last two days!!!
ghostbust219a.gif

Kraner

Applying for 1. NFO and 2. SWO. If I get pro-rec n and pro-rec y, can I try again for NFO? My recruiter isn't given me an answer, which is weird because he's typically a straight up kinda guy. I will give 110% to whatever I get, but frankly I want to be up in the sky!

Corpsmanup780

pilot
Finally got my CO's rec and got it submitted on Friday. For those among us that are active duty, I asked the ocsquestions email about selection rates and was told that the last few boards saw a 60% to 80% selection rate for active duty applying for pilot and nfo.

exNavyOffRec

Applying for 1. NFO and 2. SWO. If I get pro-rec n and pro-rec y, can I try again for NFO? My recruiter isn't given me an answer, which is weird because he's typically a straight up kinda guy. I will give 110% to whatever I get, but frankly I want to be up in the sky!

If you get a no for NFO and yes for SWO you will automatically be processed for a FS letter for SWO, if you don't wan't to be a SWO don't apply for it.