• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

exNavyOffRec

I just got off the phone with my recruiter and she said nothing was decided still. She's the head for Phoenix so I'm sure she would know. She said last week the head officer for the southwest was projecting November and said the only way it would be December was if something got screwed and the holidays interfered.

I think your OR is inflating her position, the head of officer recruiting is Assistant Operations (AOPS), supported by an Officer Assistant Chief Recruiter (OACR), neither of those 2 recruit, all OR's then report to them, she could be the DIVO for her division, but those are mostly enlisted guys. Info from NRC usually goes from NRC via email to OPS/AOPS/OACR/CR then emailed to OR's (ideally), it isn't unusual if one of those 4 to be out for info to get distributed to OR's in different NRD's at different times.

I think you have made the right decision, even if the results were positive I think it would be nearly impossible to get to OCS on the Jan 3rd class, odds are it will be filled by then.
Can't score if you don't shoot. Unless he isn't allowed to submit two apps in his case, I don't see the drawback of keeping his Navy app in.

exNavyOffRec

Can't score if you don't shoot. Unless he isn't allowed to submit two apps in his case, I don't see the drawback of keeping his Navy app in.
He mentioned his OSO wanted him to commit, if he had more age time I would say wait, but he doesn't he needs to commit by Dec 1st to go to Pensacola, in probably 99/100 times I would say keep both in, this is the one exception.

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
Hey man, I've been seeing your story on here a lot cause you p
I think you have made the right decision, even if the results were positive I think it would be nearly impossible to get to OCS on the Jan 3rd class, odds are it will be filled by then.

Thanks @NavyOffRec I sincerely wanna serve my country as an officer and be able to fly. I have a huge amount of respect for the Navy and Marine Corps, so seeing that I can serve along side the Navy makes me feel apart of both communities. These forums are such a huge help, and I hope to actively participate in the future. (Maybe not as often as I did in this thread, but lol often enough overall)

@Virginia642 I asked both the OR and OSO, I cannot apply to both programs fully at the same time. A flight physical is a major alteration to my packet as that correlates for both the Navy and Marine Corps. The OSO tried for a few days to find loop holes and back door methods to get me into the physical with out setting alarms with my Navy OCS packet, but to no avail. I don't feel like gambling with this current board only to get a "Pro-req no space too old" and then my backup falling through as well. I think this would be of benefit to me as an individual and my future as a potential officer. I will open as many doors as I need to, in order to make my dream a reality.

Thanks @NavyOffRec I sincerely wanna serve my country as an officer and be able to fly. I have a huge amount of respect for the Navy and Marine Corps, so seeing that I can serve along side the Navy makes me feel apart of both communities. These forums are such a huge help, and I hope to actively participate in the future. (Maybe not as often as I did in this thread, but lol often enough overall)

@Virginia642 I asked both the OR and OSO, I cannot apply to both programs fully at the same time. A flight physical is a major alteration to my packet as that correlates for both the Navy and Marine Corps. The OSO tried for a few days to find loop holes and back door methods to get me into the physical with out setting alarms with my Navy OCS packet, but to no avail. I don't feel like gambling with this current board only to get a "Pro-req no space too old" and then my backup falling through as well. I think this would be of benefit to me as an individual and my future as a potential officer. I will open as many doors as I need to, in order to make my dream a reality.

Well that blows hard that you can't apply for both in your case. I'd do the same in that situation. Good luck to ya.

exNavyOffRec

I had several apply to both USN and USMC at the same time there is no issue unless the local person makes it an issue, or the USN and USMC recruiters just don't play well with each other.

RoamingBiologist

I had several apply to both USN and USMC at the same time there is no issue unless the local person makes it an issue, or the USN and USMC recruiters just don't play well with each other.

I'll give it another shot in asking, but they were pretty clear even the Marine Corps Officer Program Captain told me he couldn't do it. Also I don't think they want applicants who are half committed, as he pointed to a stack of applicants who went "GHOST" and said "we don't recommend people who are half-hearted".

exNavyOffRec

I'll give it another shot in asking, but they were pretty clear even the Marine Corps Officer Program Captain told me he couldn't do it. Also I don't think they want applicants who are half committed, as he pointed to a stack of applicants who went "GHOST" and said "we don't recommend people who are half-hearted".

given what you said I wouldn't ask, his recommendation will be key.

RoamingBiologist

given what you said I wouldn't ask, his recommendation will be key.

My thought exactly, the OSO told me everyone in the office writes something and the Captain's thoughts are the icing on the cake for candidates to get selected for Marine OCS. Captain is also the ones who does the PFTs, and he was upfront with saying that I have a high chance getting an aviation slot these coming March boards (could be rainbows and sunshine up the rear hatch, but at least he knows something).

Thanks @NavyOffRec for quick replies!

SoopurHero816

@RoamingBiologist I will have to agree with @Virginia642, you have been on the rolling board forums a lot and I feel like we all are pretty savvy to your story. Keep us in the loop because I am curious to see how your future goes! Hopefully we'll all be sharing the skies together! Who knows, maybe someday we'll all be deployed on a carrier together laughing and reminiscing about our 23,428 hours of time spent on Air Warriors paranoid about the boards, panels, and dates.

RoamingBiologist

@RoamingBiologist I will have to agree with @Virginia642, you have been on the rolling board forums a lot and I feel like we all are pretty savvy to your story. Keep us in the loop because I am curious to see how your future goes! Hopefully we'll all be sharing the skies together! Who knows, maybe someday we'll all be deployed on a carrier together laughing and reminiscing about our 23,428 hours of time spent on Air Warriors paranoid about the boards, panels, and dates.

I will let yall know, as of now I believe I made the appropriate decision based off the situation and probabilities of things. I'm down for gambling when necessary, but I believe this was a time to make a decision that would at least give me a shot. If I was 25 or had just turned 26 like 4months ago I'd stay, but to not be certain I'd get into a Jan 3rd class with yes, no, maybe so isn't something I should play seeing that it's my last chance. I hope everything works out and for everyone here as well. Hopefully I'll meet some airwarriors community peeps when I make it through lol. Plus now I can go for a flight physical well rested. GOOD LUCK!

Sarah Kathleen

I think your OR is inflating her position, the head of officer recruiting is Assistant Operations (AOPS), supported by an Officer Assistant Chief Recruiter (OACR), neither of those 2 recruit, all OR's then report to them, she could be the DIVO for her division, but those are mostly enlisted guys. Info from NRC usually goes from NRC via email to OPS/AOPS/OACR/CR then emailed to OR's (ideally), it isn't unusual if one of those 4 to be out for info to get distributed to OR's in different NRD's at different times.
True, I'm not worried either way. I don't even graduate college until December! And I'm only 20, I have plenty of boards to apply for and plenty of time to twiddle my thumbs. I think everyone is just hoping for sooner than December because the anxiety is killer. Or at least for me it is.

Last edited:

Noah G. Smith

First time posting here. I sent my package in on October 1st. From what I gather, I shouldn't expect to hear anything until mid to late November then?
EDIT*: Also, have any of you heard anything about people getting in with a waiver for possession as a juvenile? It was a stupid mistake from the past that I had to get a waiver for. Do you think it will be a big factor?

Phoenix19917

True, I'm not worried either way. I don't even graduate college until December! And I'm only 20, I have plenty of boards to apply for and plenty of time to twiddle my thumbs. I think everyone is just hoping for sooner than December because the anxiety is killer. Or at least for me it is.
I agree the anxiety is doing it for me, I also graduate in Dec and it would be nice to know in advance if I was selected, luckily I have some jobs lined up as a backup. At least if the board is Dec 2 results should be out just in time for my Dec 12 graduation ! lol