• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"NOT warranted" Letter Question

HMtoCaptHopeful

I apologize if someone has already asked something like this. I've done general searches and it doesn't answer my question specifically. Also I know COMNAVCRUITCOMINST can change at any time, I figured it may be worth a shot to see if there are CURRENT Officer Recruiters on this thread or anyone with deep knowledge who can answer this for me.

I am current enlisted trying to make officer. I received this email from my recruiter, along with a pdf letter stating the following.

RECRUITER EMAIL:
Unfortunately, we will not be able to move forward on your application. MEPS reviewed the additional medical documents, and you will not be able to pass a physical for an active duty application. I apologize for the bad news, but there's nothing more that can be done.

PDF LETTER:
1. Based on a courtesy review of available medical information, further processing of this applicant IS NOT warranted due to palpable retained clavicular hardware, visual acuity that does not correct to 20/20, and nystagmus.
2. Ensure N3M letters are uploaded into CIRIMS and forwarded to N315 for processing.

I sent her this reply:
I was wondering if you know whether I was classified as :
(1) Physically Qualified (PQ)
(2) Not Physically Qualified (NPQ)
(3) Temporarily Not Physically Qualified (TNPQ).

I also read on Navy Officer Recruiting Manual - 1131.2C – Chapter 2: BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
g. In the case of "Processing not warranted", the NAVCRUITDIST shall inform the applicant of 00M's initial assessment. As courtesy review risk assessments do not constitute field rejection criteria, the NAVCRUITDIST shall ask the applicant if they still wish to proceed with processing. If the applicant decides to complete processing, see chapter 4 for application submission guidance.

Does this apply to me and is this something we can do?

I'm just wondering if I am right in my thinking that I should still be able to proceed with processing based on the above info? In addition, I read the sections on Chapter 2 of a. Medical Conditions Not Waiverable: and none of my issues showed up there.

To note: when enlisting the first time, my eyes issue was waived.
Also, I was in the service when my clavicle issue occurred due to a motorcycle accident. I went through a med review and they cleared me there and thus am still enlisted.

I guess I'm asking the following:
1. Am I right in thinking I should still be able to process?
2. I would think my current standing (already waived and cleared) would make a difference
3. Is it possible for me to get NPQd for Officer but I stay enlisted? Logically it doesnt make sense that they let me in one but not the other - who knows with the Navy anymore.
4. If I get NPQd - does that mean I am NEVER allowed to retry for officer? Will they kick me out of Enlisted then?

Thanks again.