• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not sure if already shared..but freaking sweet

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
This was running through my mind when I went through it. Needless to say, I enjoyed it. Like the consensus said, FUCK treading.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I got injured in the SWET chair (dislocated shoulder due to disorientation and being kicked by the guy going the other way) during API and spent 7 months med down before I started flight school. I might be the only guy in history who has that claim. The instructor looked at me like I was crazy when I surfaced, asked for a TTO, and said "I just dislocated my right shoulder". Oddly, the SWET and dunker don't bother me all that much.

That said, swim/Tread/Manual inflate is my nemesis. I freaking hate that. Let's get all out of breath trying to swim 50 yards with 10 pound boots on and then put our face in the water and try to find these fiddly little tubes to blow into. I understand the training value of it, but man- it sucks. I actually go over and request training before a re-qual now so I can get comfortable with it again.

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
How long was your recovery for your dislocated shoulder and did it affect you at all during Primary?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
From injury to recovery was about 6 months; 1.5 months waiting in the queue, 4.5 months post-op, with an extra month tacked on the end while I waited for the NPQ waiver to go through.

No effects on Primary, or anything else since then, although my MLB pitching career went down the shitter. Oddly enough, it's also how I met my wife, since she was home for summer break when I got to Corpus. Had I started 7 months earlier, per the original timeline, we would have passed like ships in the night.

Last edited:

Jublov

So are you techinically a true winner for being a Naval Aviator? ;) just kidding, I'm glad for your speedy recovery bud, and no problems during your primary and your awesome wife!

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
That said, swim/Tread/Manual inflate is my nemesis. I freaking hate that. Let's get all out of breath trying to swim 50 yards with 10 pound boots on and then put our face in the water and try to find these fiddly little tubes to blow into. I understand the training value of it, but man- it sucks. I actually go over and request training before a re-qual now so I can get comfortable with it again.
My super-human power turns out to be that I apparently have 124% of the lung capacity of someone my height/weight - which makes treading water a breeze. (Learned that factoid in college when I sampled asbestos as a summer job, and had a detailed pulmonary exam.) When I take a deep breath, my head will float completely out of the water, up to my chin. The rescue swimmers would repeatedly accuse me of treading water during the survival float phase; they all seemed extremely envious of this ability. In salt water it's even more pronounced, so I've got that going for me. Which is nice...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My super-human power turns out to be that I apparently have 124% of the lung capacity of someone my height/weight - which makes treading water a breeze. (Learned that factoid in college when I sampled asbestos as a summer job, and had a detailed pulmonary exam.) When I take a deep breath, my head will float completely out of the water, up to my chin. The rescue swimmers would repeatedly accuse me of treading water during the survival float phase; they all seemed extremely envious of this ability. In salt water it's even more pronounced, so I've got that going for me. Which is nice...

Fat floats too, just sayin.....:D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fat floats too, just sayin.....:D

apply_cold_water_to_the_burned_area-145373.jpg

Jublov

Jesus do you even have a callsign for that? Please tell me you do :eek:

Jublov

Funfact: My ROTC captain was on the swim team during his years and his callsign was Stroke, my dad in the Navy had a pilot who fked up his landing and gave him the callsign of Knuckles because the landing gear grinded on the runway