• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not so average NRTOC questionI

Rovelli92

I have been accepted into the NRTOC college program for my university and have a question about the options.

I want to be in the Marine Option but no where on application did it tell me to sign up for this and i never asked my Lt. for NRTOC if i could join the Marine Option.

So what do i do? I assume by just filling out the application and be accepted that i'm in the navy option, which i don't want. Do i have to apply to be in the Marine option, or do i just tell my Lt. when i get to school on August 15th that i would like to be part of the marine option and not the navy option? or does everyone go in as just a regular recruit and then decide the summer before their junior year which option they would like?

i know guys confusing, but i really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Eric

First of all, it's NROTC for Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps.

If you're on College Program, you'll have no problem doing either Navy or Marine option. If you're on scholarship, it's much more difficult to switch. With my unit, we decided ahead of time, but if your school didn't give you that option, then it's likely different on a unit by unit basis so I would email or call the officer who assisted you in signing up. They'll have the most accurate information and will be able to answer your question.

Rovelli92

Thank you, that clears up a lot! I'll have a talk with him tomorrow!

First of all, it's NROTC for Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps.

If you're on College Program, you'll have no problem doing either Navy or Marine option. If you're on scholarship, it's much more difficult to switch. With my unit, we decided ahead of time, but if your school didn't give you that option, then it's likely different on a unit by unit basis so I would email or call the officer who assisted you in signing up. They'll have the most accurate information and will be able to answer your question.

Will_T

Will_T
From one of my CP Marine Option:
Ask your LT to give you the MOI's contact information and tell him/her that your interested. Then participate in Semper Fi in the fall, and then kick ass. Remember, the Marine Corps does not need you, so make yourself needed by destroying the PRT/CFT/etc.
Good luck and Semper Fi,

MIDN 3/c Will_T

EDIT: PS: if youre interested in the BU consortium, PM me with specific questions.