• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nose Wheel Popping Off Airplane

taxi1

pilot
No, this is not about the Boeing 757 wheel toss that just happened.

This one happened 30-some years ago, and I stumbled onto it the other day while searching on youtubes of T2 Buckeyes. The cool thing is I was the controlling LSO. That's my salty "Roger ball" and " a little power". Maybe I should have said "A little more power" somewhere in there. Very weird hearing my voice from 34 years ago.

We watched the touch and go, and saw the nose wheel pop off and go bounce-bounce-bouncing down the angle and into the drink. The student flew back to Corpus, landing on the nose strut sans wheel. Some sort of maintenance thing, exacerbated by his SIW. Came back out and qualed the next day, if memory serves me.

Can't believe someone posted this.

TacticalTater

None
Someone had a shitty day at the boat. Glad it went all right in the end for that student.

Not going so great for Boeing lately, is it?
Headlines would suggest that but how is airline/fleet maintenance a Boeing issue?

Boeing hasn't built a 757 in 30 years.

The Max with the door plug was flown four times prior to the event with the aircraft alerting to a pressurization issue and mx just kept clearing the fault and sending it on.

Not saying quality issues aren't rampant at Boeing but airline's have some blame here too.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Headlines would suggest that but how is airline/fleet maintenance a Boeing issue?

Boeing hasn't built a 757 in 30 years.

The Max with the door plug was flown four times prior to the event with the aircraft alerting to a pressurization issue and mx just kept clearing the fault and sending it on.

Not saying quality issues aren't rampant at Boeing but airline's have some blame here too.
Fair point. This one points more to the operator side, and there are significant challenges ahead there too with mechanics retiring a lot faster than they are being replaced.

TacticalTater

None
Just had the 737 Max 10 demonstrator fly over and land. I have never been so terrified 🙄, I should call the news and report them

taxi1

pilot
I pulled out my logbook, it doesn’t say what ship. That’s a bummer.

Upgraded grading :YS.NELSO SIW. (Yard sale on not enough LSO settle in the wires)