• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NOSC Shooting

banjosquirrel

I heard on CNN that this morning a twitter account associated with ISIS posted some sort of warning with #Chattanooga in it. I am still in disbelief that this happened. The NOSC is where my recruiter's office is an I am praying that he is well, as well as praying for everyone effected.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Thoughts and prayers for all of the victims.

Also scary to think that even though both of these recent attackers posted stuff online before the attacks, it was not picked up ahead of time. Just imagine what it will be like when one of these guys grows half a brain and realizes that probably isn't the smartest idea.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Terrorism, Domestic Terrorism, Int'l Terrorism, Criminal Activity - all distinctions without differences. And, as long we (national leadership) continue to pussyfoot around by failing to speak directly about it...Well... We continue to suck.

Last edited:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...as long we (national leadership) continue to pussyfoot around by failing to speak directly about it...Well... We continue to suck.

How exactly is the national leadership pussyfooting around about this?

robav8r

None
Contributor
How exactly is the national leadership pussyfooting around about this?

I'll give you that it's still early to make assumptions based on incomplete information. But now that the dust has completely settled around the Fort Hood tragedy, how would you asses the governments reaction, labeling and response to that incident?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll give you that it's still early to make assumptions based on incomplete information. But now that the dust has completely settled around the Fort Hood tragedy, how would you asses the governments reaction, labeling and response to that incident?

The authorities in this instance were very quick to call this terrorism, so what is the issue?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/01/politics/obama-radical-islam-terrorism-war/

That's one link from CNN (not Fox, not Rush, not Breitbart).

What is wrong with not calling it a 'religious war'? Why does it have to be labeled something in particular? Did the Brits ever call their fight against the IRA a religious war? Because a fight against 'radical Catholic nationalists' would fit the description for that fight just as well as a labeling the current fight one against 'radical Islam'.

And why get wrapped up so much in labels anyways? I am more concerned about our actions, which have been pretty consistent against ISIS, al-Qaeda, al-Shabaab and even domestic terrorists where we have been able to find them. Just in the past few months we have arrested and even killed domestic terrorists and wannabes. Our very recent lethal actions against terrorists overseas is another example.

Getting wrapped up in the labels smacks of politics and goes in line with the loathing of the current administration by some no matter what it's actual action against terrorists.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Getting wrapped up in the labels smacks of politics and goes in line with the loathing of the current administration by some no matter what it's actual action against terrorists.
Slow your roll. I'm not playing politics or "loathing" the current administration. And, after your post, you've still not explained why we can't or won't simply call something what it is. You've simply defended the decision not to do so.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slow your roll. I'm not playing politics or "loathing" the current administration. And, after your post, you've still not explained why we can't or won't simply call something what it is. You've simply defended the decision not to do so.

I think the President explained it well enough in your link.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

jmcquate

Contributor
Bottom line, Islam in incompatible with the west unless Islam evolves as other religions have. The west will continue to welcome Muslims which ironically is one of the reasons that Islam is incompatible, so the onus to solve this culture clash is on the west. But the west is losing, or in some instances, lost faith in it's institutions, culture........well, in itself. Unless we stop the moral and cultural relevance, political correct, blaming of the west for all of the ills of the globe that permeates our educational, cultural, and media institutions, we have no argument to counter the message of Islam, and these tragedies will grow in number.

Last edited:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bottom line, Islam in incompatible with the west unless Islam evolves as other religions have. The west will continue to welcome Muslims which ironically is one of the reasons that Islam is incompatible, so the onus to solve this culture clash is on the west. But the west is losing, or in some instances, lost faith in it's institutions, culture........well, in itself. Unless we stop the moral and cultural relevance, political correct, blaming of the west for all of the ills of the globe that permeates our educational, cultural, and media institutions, we have no argument to counter the message of Islam, and these tragedies will grow in number.
Dude, I'm sorry. I agree that PC SJW culture is part of the problem. But the rest is bigoted bullshit, and insulting to plenty of American Muslims who are assimilated and sometimes even serving in uniform. There is a subset of Islamic thought which is incompatible with Western values. That doesn't mean all two billion-odd people of that faith are the same.