• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Norks' New Strategy?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What percentage of your posts would you say serve no purpose except to shit on people? I'm guessing it's at least 50%.

You know, I'm noticing a trend. You learned about LOAC flying (in the back of) F18s. You then assumed since I didn't have the same experience, I couldn't know anything about it. Now you've learned something of nuclear strategy from Schelling, and you assume it's someone didn't learn it the same way, they couldn't have learned it at all. In either case, you just can't help yourself but detail threads with your hollow, asshole nature.
Are you still mad about COVID? I sincerely thought that was behind us.

Mirage

pilot
I think the takeaway here is that human beings are not, by nature, rational actors. Nations are made up of human beings.
Interestingly enough, I actually find myself quite aligned with Schelling, who explained in an interview once his thoughts:

"I claim that we couldn’t do without rational choice. But we don’t expect rational choice from a child or an Alzheimer’s patient or someone suffering from shock. We will better understand the uses and limits of rational choice if we better understand those exceptions. I use the example of the magnetic compass. It’s usually a wonderful way to determine which direction north is. But if you are anywhere near the actual north magnetic pole, the compass could point in any direction, even south. The same is true with rational choice. It is a wonderful tool if used when appropriate, but it may not work all the time. So I consider myself in the rational-choice school, absolutely. But I am more interested in the exceptions than many other economists tend to be."

Random8145

People can be highly irrational, but also very rational within different worldviews which can lead to completely different conclusions being drawn. For example, when the Space Shuttle was first proposed and its supposed high launch cadence was announced, many in the U.S. recognized this was likely nonsense, as due to various technical reasons, such a high launch cadence would likely not be possible. So NASA was clearly stretching the truth, mostly for funding to get the project developed. On the other side of the world, the Soviets also recognized that NASA was stretching things. And the "rational" reason was obvious: this craft wasn't really for space research at all, but was rather a military spacecraft intended to do things like snatch Soviet satellites out of orbit.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Norks don’t have a lot of nations out there willing to buy their stuff. Russia might not have loads of money (sanctions) but they do have lots of oil. It is interesting that the tree great global pariahs have formed a trade partnership that used to need the old Soviet Union to make it work.

You would be surprised, it is more than you think. As for what Russia can provide, North Korea desperately wants more modern arms and technology.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You would be surprised, it is more than you think. As for what Russia can provide, North Korea desperately wants more modern arms and technology.
I don’t think so. If you mean to include terrorists or nationalist organization in the list of “nations” you might be right, but there are 195 nations in the world and at least 180 buy and sell weapons in a well defined market that NK is not part of. That said, I’m not sure where the Holy See or Tuvalu get their arms.