• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Noob needs info

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectraman

I'm glad I stumbled onto this forum. Where to begin. I am prior enlisted AT3, am enrolled a university with a flight program (I start flying next semester), and my gpa is 3.1. I haven't had much luck with my local officer recruiting station. I've only talked to two people so far one was a CPO who insists, that because of my age (28) that I can't get a commision, and the other was an officer, who was prior enlisted himself. He said that I could get a waiver and due to my prior enlistment I could get the age limit pushed back. Of course I diden't write down his name and now the only person that I can get a hold of is the CPO that told me I was SOL. Is the chief right? If not any info would be greatly appreciated!

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
Generally, you can get one year of age waiver for every year you were on active duty. If you were enlisted for three, your age limit should go up by three. I had already turned 27 when I redesignated, but I had 4 years in, and they never even brought it up. I THINK your CPO is wrong, call a different district recruiting office. The pilot slots are really tight right now; that may be why he's not making much effort. Use the search feature on the top menu bar of this site. You can get lots of info about commissioning programs, as well as the status of pilot slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.