• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Non-NEX Uniforms?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Looking to get my uniforms replaced. It's been 15 years and I'm pretty sure my fat ass won't squeeze into those OCS SDBs anymore.

Are there any options out there for nicer uniforms like Abbotts used to do? There's one company that shows up with a Google search but unsure if anyone's used them The Salute Uniforms

Appreciate the help if anyone has any.

Disclaimer, mods - it's been quite a while since I've been active here. Tried to run a search but didn't find anything relevant.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Do more pushups

..../s, I think they have some stores around the country. In any case, they are all off the rack sizes I think unfinished so they can be properly tailored/hemmed. I have an SDB coat and trousers from them that I am really happy with.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
What's the best way to ensure I get a good fit with those? They seem expensive but I can't tell if they do made-to-measure uniforms or not.
Your options are Woodbridge VA or Leavenworth KS. The one in Kansas is pretty cool, almost like a museum. Other than that, they’ll accept measurements from a cutter or send you a rack size to be fitted then add all the rank stuff once fitted.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looking to get my uniforms replaced. It's been 15 years and I'm pretty sure my fat ass won't squeeze into those OCS SDBs anymore.

Are there any options out there for nicer uniforms like Abbotts used to do? There's one company that shows up with a Google search but unsure if anyone's used them The Salute Uniforms

Appreciate the help if anyone has any.

Disclaimer, mods - it's been quite a while since I've been active here. Tried to run a search but didn't find anything relevant.
Google seems to show that Abbott's is still in business.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll look again, but I think I recall they packed up and moved to Atlanta to cater to Delta homies.
Their website shows a new shop near Cordova Mall and KPNS.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was a new O-5 and contemplating whether or not to shoot for the stars, I also thought about whether or not it'd be worth having a tailor make a set of SDBs and chokers. I know a couple of my SELRES co-workers had civilian tailors do some work on their SDBs, i.e. having a sleeve length that actually shows 1/4" to 1/2" of shirtsleeve like it's supposed to, shortening the jacket an inch and a half or so so that it doesn't look all 1930s-esque, putting a bit of a taper in the leg and coat sleeves, etc. Nothing drastic, just a more modern suit fit compared to the standard old NEX lady job that makes you look like you're wearing a manila folder.

Never did price out what a bespoke uniform would cost, though, before I decided I'd make more money for less stress concentrating on the private sector.