• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Non DH SWO Signers? What do they do with you after your 2nd DIVO Tour??

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I know of at least one 1110 who did the WTI thing without signing the DH bonus. She resigned after her WTI tour.

She just hit 6 years, with a little less than 2 left on contract and about 2.5 left on her orders to SMWDC.

She did turn down DHRB. Was never de-nuked and indeed completed PNEO towards the end of her 2nd JO tour. The WTI program needs people and currently sits at about a 93% acceptance rate.

That plus some sympathy from the monitor (but again, nothing tying the Navy’s hands) and an honestly well above-average record snagged her the billet she’s in now.
Interesting. Seems things have changed then. It used to be that to become a WTI you needed to sign the bonus. The SWO community still hasn't fixed its retention issues, it seems.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Know who loves to bust on the root causes of said retention issues? SELRES SWOs. Just get a couple drinks in one. ?

They do keep that weird habit of calling you by your billet, not your callsign.
When I got to 6th Fleet the Air Ops guys have me a callsign and I had no idea what do with it. A few months later, I had random dudes dropping by my desk to ask me questions and were addressing me by my callsign instead of name. It's a completely alien experience for us non-airdale types.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I got to 6th Fleet the Air Ops guys have me a callsign and I had no idea what do with it. A few months later, I had random dudes dropping by my desk to ask me questions and were addressing me by my callsign instead of name. It's a completely alien experience for us non-airdale types.
I worked with a SWO who’d done a tour with one of the C3F MAO units who had a similar story. I figured it was issued by the aviation community, thus it was a valid callsign, thus I’d use it since he didn’t seem bent out of shape about the idea.