• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NOMI and OCS physical question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wusappenin

None
how thorough are they? are they eye exams any different than the ones at meps? does the physical include a rectal exams?

bart27

If you do a search on "NOMI" or "Flight Physical", you will come up w/ lots of info. My understanding is that the physical is very thorough and more intense than MEPS.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
If you are a SNA wannabe, the eye exam consists of a general check on your vision followed by a dialation of your pupils to check for errors. There is a rectal. My physical wasn't too bad. It was long though. Be prepared to be there for a while and as soon as you get your blood drawn...eat something. You'll feel better. Hope this helps.

topher1235

I had one before I was accepted, but this is for USMC OCS. I'm not sure how the Navy does things. Also you have another one before API to get your "Up-Chit" but it might not be as thorough depending on how current your flight physical is at the time.

wusappenin

None
which physical tisoy? the ocs one or the NOMI one. i heard as an NFO, im going to have to do both. im guessing i get an OCS one once i get to OCS and the NOMI one right before flight training. please correct me if i am wrong.

tisoy

Sunday is when you check into OCS....on Monday...you are herded to NOMI for your physicals..aviation/nuc....

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
i don't think i've seen so many people preoccupied about rectal exams in my entire life. sheesh.

jthomps1

Ok...things starting to clear up a bit! If we get our NOMI/Aviation physical the first Monday of OCS, do we have another extensive physical right before flight training?...or is this NOMI physical going to do all the in depth eye exams etc as well? Thanks for all the help!! -JT

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
your NAMI physical (at NOMI) is done on the first monday of OCS. This will last you until your next birthday month. A thorough physical like this occurs about every 5th year of your age.. e.g. 25, 30. Otherwise you'll have annual checkups. For API and aviation training purposes I think they like you to have a valid upchit that won't expire while you're in training. Otherwise I think they make you get an extension or do a new exam. I think... that if you pass your initial NAMI screening (especially for vision) then they are more lenient on future exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.