• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN NOBC

pascol1

I am an 1105 and wish to redesignate. Is there a limit to how many NOBC's an officer may attain? I am going to mobilize and I want to make sure that I make the most out of my deployment by getting as many NOBC's I can possibly get.

SELRES_AMDO

I would recommend getting into a pay status. Once you're there, you can utilize JO Apply to find billets that will gain you experience and NOBC's. The key is finding a billet.

My last go around on JO Apply had billets for my designator that would gain you experience to earn a DAWIA cert and FMF pin. The opportunities are out there, but you're biggest hurdle is finding a gig that will help you get it. A paying gig in the reserves will get you a NOBC, usually after 18 months.

What is your civilian job? Utilize your civilian experience to get you into a community. I work in the defense acquisition community as a civilian and sold myself as a person that brings a lot to the table. Do the same. The reserves isn't like active duty. Use your civilian career to boost your credentials.

I'll try to find the reference, but I'm pretty sure that you can get as many NOBC's as you want, but only the eight most recent will "show up" for anyone other than you (basically, any/all boards, I imagine). Having seen some of your previous posts, I'd recommend you get into JOAPPLY and look at some of the units/billets you might want in the future, then see what NOBCs are required/expected of them. If you go SELRES and your unit doesn't particularly care, you might be able to say "I want to be a NGLO, do you mind if I go the school for my AT"; then you're a leg up when applying to that job.

I think most billets show "PNOBC", which is the NOBC you're expected to get relatively quickly, but within 3 years...which is the term of your billet!