• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No wait

flyerstud4

Just got the word; when Alpha wraps up here( june 6), I beat feet down to Pcola, complete my pre-API checklist and start API june 22nd. Course this depends on the completion of my API-checklist, but really no wait for Marines, at this point. Pretty cool stuff

Semper Fi

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Um yeah...stand by on that. They may tell you you are going to start right when you get here, but that "right when you get here" could turn into 5 months later. A buddy of mine was told the same thing, that he had to get down there to start API right away cause he needed to get to primary ASAP...he did API but ended up sitting around for 4 months waiting to start primary...although it would be cool to start right away, that 3 months in the pool going to the beach during the week, drinking beer, watching a ton of TV was worth the wait.

Raptor2216

Well, they are pushing about 20-22 Marines though each class now and no more than 3-4 navy. I believe someone wasn't too happy about the pool being so large and that got the wheels turning. Also, when I left Pensacola a week ago, my roommate was still waiting to start API and he said that all the new comers were not going to be assigned stash jobs.

Now, I can't guarantee that they will start you up as quickly as they said they would but there is a very good chance. Just cross your fingers and hope you don't get a NAMI whammy. Assuming all else is going as it was when I left, medical is about the only thing that might hold you back. However, if you do get some free time, I would suggest that you enjoy it.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Jeez...thats just a little different than last fall, it was about 20 navy and 10 marines, at most...and you know what, it will change again in a few months anyway. The more things change the more they stay the same.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
no more than 3-4 navy.

No, there is about ~15 navy total, 1390's and 1370's, each week. Can't say anything about the marines but I know the AF is pushing about 2-3 NAVs each week. For NFO's the wait is still there, some pilots I know classed up a week after check in (IFS done, medical, etc). Wait til june when the ROTC and USNA folks get here, going to be about 300 newbs in june alone.

my .02c

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Just make sure that the guys in student control got the word that you're starting up right away. The XO at TBS doesn't always call the guys down in P'cola to give them the good news.

flyerstud4

MATSG requested all the IFS complete and prior flight time guys to leave TBS early, because there is nobody in the pipeline right now. Myself and 18 other Marines are graduating early and heading down there. I guess the idea is that if the navy wont fill the API slots, the whole class will be Marines.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
What events at TBS will you be missing? I'm a bit surprised that they'll sacrifice training to meet quotas, but I guess it's been done before.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
MATSG requested all the IFS complete and prior flight time guys to leave TBS early, because there is nobody in the pipeline right now. Myself and 18 other Marines are graduating early and heading down there. I guess the idea is that if the navy wont fill the API slots, the whole class will be Marines.

Guess thats why FITREPS out of Pcola are a little slower than usual right now...

Hey, any details you could offer would be great...

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
I believe he means like a week or two with FEX IV complete. Bravo Co. has some guys leaving early as well, but not missing any big events.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
We had a fair number if people leaving early on the ground side in 2004. They didn't miss anything except drinking.

usmcmeg24

he got helos!
The only things the guys would miss are warrior day (friends and family get to come to base and see some of the stuff they've been doing at TBS), graduation itself and the chance to get back at their SPC on SPC day. They'll still get to go to their Mess Night.

The Marines who completed IFS before TBS had to make a choice whether they wanted to head out early and miss all the drinking, etc or stay and still report to P'Cola in that next week as planned.

From what I've been told that week they'll be missing is pretty much a wait for graduation so it's not a big deal to miss - my bf is hoping that he'll still be able to get into that june 22 slot even though he's staying for june 7 grad and getting down to FL around june 12th.