• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No sales tax on a new matress, here's how.

chiplee

Registered Boozer
pilot
If you've ever gotten up with a lick of back pain, tell your doc. He can write you a prescription for a new matress, and you won't have to pay sales tax on it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
chiplee said:
If you've ever gotten up with a lick of back pain, tell your doc. He can write you a prescription for a new matress, and you won't have to pay sales tax on it.
Got a state tax code reference on that? What about Oregon where they have no sales tax?

Brett

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's true. Medical devices (or somesuch) can't be taxed.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's not my bag, Baby! No really it's not mine....I've never seen that before...

austin_powers_front.jpg

trvsmrtn

pilot
My truck doesn't have lumbar support, maybe I can talk my doc into writing me a prescription for a new car.

KBayDog

I have to eat in order to survive; perhaps I can get the doc to write me a prescription for food.

Clothing helps keep me safe from exposure; I should not pay taxes on my clothes.

A house works great for that, too - bye bye property taxes!

TV/movies/games/books are important for mental health; those should be tax-free, as well.

Let's see...how else can I beat the system...

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
KBayDog said:
I have to eat in order to survive; perhaps I can get the doc to write me a prescription for food.

Clothing helps keep me safe from exposure; I should not pay taxes on my clothes.

A house works great for that, too - bye bye property taxes!

TV/movies/games/books are important for mental health; those should be tax-free, as well.

Let's see...how else can I beat the system...

I always thought food and clothes were tax free when you bought them? Or are you looking for a deduction for groceries?

KBayDog

BurghGuy said:
I always thought food and clothes were tax free when you bought them? Or are you looking for a deduction for groceries?

Depends on where you buy them; each state has its own quirks.

I'm just glad that I am not taxed for each smart-assed comment I make.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
KBayDog said:
Depends on where you buy them; each state has its own quirks.

I'm just glad that I am not taxed for each smart-assed comment I make.

I think we'd all be broke by now.