• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more boards until October (end of FY)?

afsf1

Is this correct? I just learned from my recruiter that they are no longer accepting any more applications until end of FY (Oct '15). Has anyone heard similar?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Do some forum searching, but the answer is a resounding NO. Other than the fact that NRC (i.e. the national recruiting command) is currently only accepting AD applications for NFO, no designator remains closed, and if your recruiter/NRD tells you otherwise that is BS. Try to get them to change their tune, otherwise try to work with another NRD close to you.

afsf1

I have done some searching, however the documentation shows that rolling acceptances are being taken, the forums show february/april boards, and recruiters (three different ones) have told me to either call back in october or that they can start the app with me but i will not get accepted until Oct

CGrissom15

My understanding with the no more FY15 business is there will be no more applicants accepted who will commission in FY15 - anyone who gets to a board will go to OCS and graduate at the turn of FY15 into FY16. Just what I've gathered from my brief tenure here.

NavyBlu

My understanding with the no more FY15 business is there will be no more applicants accepted who will commission in FY15 - anyone who gets to a board will go to OCS and graduate at the turn of FY15 into FY16.

Anyone want to confirm this? It would really suck if the next board was in October '15.

mb1685

Do some forum searching, but the answer is a resounding NO. Other than the fact that NRC (i.e. the national recruiting command) is currently only accepting AD applications for NFO, no designator remains closed, and if your recruiter/NRD tells you otherwise that is BS. Try to get them to change their tune, otherwise try to work with another NRD close to you.

A few civilians in the May Board (which turned out to be April) thread got Pro Rec'd for NFO (including at least one who only applied for NFO rather than SNA too), so it appears that has changed now.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the correction, had not seen that but glad to hear for all of our civilian friends applying for NFO.