• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

no bullsh!t response

radar

Hey, I have been searching the site for the past couple of weeks and I thank everyone who has provided valuable information here. I just took the ASTB the second time and scored a 6/6/6 56. I was hoping I would do a little better but oh well. I talked to several recruiters and each gave me a different answer whether that score along with the rest of my package would be good enough for a pilot slot. My degree is in education with a 3.8 GPA but I have taken over 20 hours in science courses mainly physics and physical science. I graduated from the University of Mississippi. I have always wanted to be a pilot but I have great respect for NFOs and I would be proud to be accepted for a NFO slot as well. I plan to submit my application with naval aviator as my first choice and a NFO as my second. What do you all with experience think my chances are that I might get a spot? Do you think I even have a shot because I sure hope I do but I want an honest opinion and I know that is what is given here, no sugarcoated bs. Thanks.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Hey, I have been searching the site for the past couple of weeks and I thank everyone who has provided valuable information here. I just took the ASTB the second time and scored a 6/6/6 56. I was hoping I would do a little better but oh well. I talked to several recruiters and each gave me a different answer whether that score along with the rest of my package would be good enough for a pilot slot. My degree is in education with a 3.8 GPA but I have taken over 20 hours in science courses mainly physics and physical science. I graduated from the University of Mississippi. I have always wanted to be a pilot but I have great respect for NFOs and I would be proud to be accepted for a NFO slot as well. I plan to submit my application with naval aviator as my first choice and a NFO as my second. What do you all with experience think my chances are that I might get a spot? Do you think I even have a shot because I sure hope I do but I want an honest opinion and I know that is what is given here, no sugarcoated bs. Thanks.

That was put a lot more tactfully then several others have written in similar posts.:D
Good luck to you.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I think for pilot you want to raise you OAR (but what do I know, Im trying to become a chop). If you can take again and think you will do better then give it a go. Your gpa is solid. Remember that it is a whole person concept and people from all different astb scores and gpas get accepted. Just get your packet together and submit it. Everything you have to do for the packet is free besides your time.

FastMover

NFO
None
Your ASTB is pretty darn good and coupled with your excellent GPA I would say you're in good shape. As far as the science courses, unless you have that as minor it probably won't help any. I'm a Marketing major and asked my recruiter if it would be to my benefit to take a few physics courses. He told me it probably wouldn't.

radar

Thanks for the feedback so far. Is it likely if i put naval aviator as my first choice and nfo as my second that they would pro rec me for a nfo and not a naval aviator?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Thanks for the feedback so far. Is it likely if i put naval aviator as my first choice and nfo as my second that they would pro rec me for a nfo and not a naval aviator?

I don't know how likely it is, but there is the chance that it could happen.

Best'o'luck to ya.

xmid

pilot
Contributor

You would only get pro-rec'ed for your second choice if you were turned down for your first. Theres a reason why you list the order of your choices.

Goob83

None
you could

Well the meat of the matter is you could get PRO's for all your choices or just one. if you get the yes for your second choice only say NFO. then you have an option take it or not. now with your scores I believe last board you would have made it for NFO they took some many folks. NOw if you are PRO rec'd for your third and second choice there is always a chance you will be ask if you want pilot later down the road if that was your first choice. this just happened with 8 folks in the last OCS class. 8 folks that applied for PIlot and told no, but were accepted for other programs were ask the week before OCS if they wanted a pilot option. My guys took the pilot option. You just never know. needs of the Navy may some day work in your favor. I don't know all your stats but you have a good chance if your application is not just an ASTB score and GPA.