• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NIOBC Schedule

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Does anyone know what dates the NIOBC classes begin on for FY18/FY19? Does it align with the IPBC dates?

I was only just selected for Intel from the March board but my recruiter says I am likely to get a July OCS date since that's my availability to leave. I was just wondering whether or not I’ll be getting OHARP. I know I’m getting ahead of myself, OCS is my absolute top priority. I just thought I would reach out and see if anyone has an idea because I would like to plan. I’ve searched and can only find the schedule Bubblehead posted for BlueDacnis regarding the IPBC schedule.

My desire to plan is also with important regard to my current job. I've been involved in a handful of high priority cases and defense interviews are a part of my job. I would ideally be able to give them a tentative maybe or no about if I'll be back in town at all so they know whether they need to get me in before I leave, not interview me at all, or just wait.

Thank you!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OHARP is a waste of everyone’s time. Just take leave if you want some time to decompress after OCS, or power through to your next training event. You’ll have plenty of opportunity for leave before you reach your first real command.

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone know what dates the NIOBC classes begin on for FY18/FY19? Does it align with the IPBC dates?

I was only just selected for Intel from the March board but my recruiter says I am likely to get a July OCS date since that's my availability to leave. I was just wondering whether or not I’ll be getting OHARP. I know I’m getting ahead of myself, OCS is my absolute top priority. I just thought I would reach out and see if anyone has an idea because I would like to plan. I’ve searched and can only find the schedule Bubblehead posted for BlueDacnis regarding the IPBC schedule.

My desire to plan is also with important regard to my current job. I've been involved in a handful of high priority cases and defense interviews are a part of my job. I would ideally be able to give them a tentative maybe or no about if I'll be back in town at all so they know whether they need to get me in before I leave, not interview me at all, or just wait.

Thank you!

When you go to OCS has more to do with the needs of the USN not your date available, some leave when they are looking to, others wait for months after your date available.

OHARP can or cannot be a good deal for a new Ensign, we had a CO who would have the person report to a local NRS everyday and often do nothing but hang out at home, then there have been CO's who would not sign off on accepting an OHARP unless the person doing OHARP was able to work at the NRD or the NORS and had them work 5 days a week full workdays. The ones I had were mostly in-between.

App2123

Thank you!

I asked my OR about this because for CW, I have to train first in IWTC in VA Beach then CWOBC in PCola. I'll PM you. :)

Renegade One

None
Whenever you finally get a firm reporting date, shed all responsibilities WRT your current job before you hang it up. There can be no expectation that you'll drop back by to do more work after you commission.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Whenever you finally get a firm reporting date, shed all responsibilities WRT your current job before you hang it up. There can be no expectation that you'll drop back by to do more work after you commission.
I understand that completely, they won't bother me after initial interviews. I don't want to face a subpoena. I'm not sure how that would work with the US Military and all that, but a couple of the cases I am involved in are Capital cases and defense will 100% issue a subpoena if I don't do an interview if they want one. Not sure if anyone has directly relatable experience with this? I'd like to bend your ear.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Probably something like the pace we enjoyed bouncing around, hurry up/wait, during out initial training track.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Probably something like the pace we enjoyed bouncing around, hurry up/wait, during out initial training track.

It just wasn't something I got to experience except once out of my first sea tour, and that was only because the detailer tried to pull a fast one and my XO called Placement to veto the idea which forced a delay. Otherwise it's always been a "hurry and up and get here" evolution.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
My $0.02, just go to OCS as early as they will let you, then figure it out after you commission. Focus on OTCNewport and not your day job. If you have a choice between saving some money as a full time working civilian up til your report date, or going for broke on a cross country hiking/ camping/ whatever trip with a friend, take the trip! Once you get to Newport, focus on Newport. Don't worry about NIOBC dates until you're an ENS. Dam Neck will be there.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My $0.02, just go to OCS as early as they will let you, then figure it out after you commission. Focus on OTCNewport and not your day job. If you have a choice between saving some money as a full time working civilian up til your report date, or going for broke on a cross country hiking/ camping/ whatever trip with a friend, take the trip! Once you get to Newport, focus on Newport. Don't worry about NIOBC dates until you're an ENS. Dam Neck will be there.

^ This. You're getting too "caught into the weeds" with timing/schools/etc. I don't ever candidates when Supply/Intel/IWC schools are because it becomes a distractor from the main purpose... OCS. Prepare for OCS.