• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NIOBC Gouge

G33K

Lookin for all the good gouge on NIOBC from someone who has taken the course recently. There isn't shit about it on the web, seemingly anywhere. There have gotta be some folks around who graduated recently.

Bueller?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I've searched all the threads and messages all who seem to have recent insight. No luck.

Unlike flight school, a lot of what happens there is classified. We can't post gouge online if you want a leg up to study. I can tell you to study geography and the kind of military organization stuff you'll learn at OCS, and that's about it. I've also added something to the thread helolumpy posted to clarify billet selection.

G33K

I'm not at all concerned with the material or studying. More concerned with schedule, where most students live, where the best bars are, course structure, PT, miscellaneous BS, and anything else that has to do with the course other than the material. Not concerned with billets as that wont apply to me. Thanks for any info that you don't mind sharing.

Last edited:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unlike flight school, a lot of what happens there is classified. We can't post gouge online if you want a leg up to study. I can tell you to study geography and the kind of military organization stuff you'll learn at OCS, and that's about it. I've also added something to the thread helolumpy posted to clarify billet selection.

Is that why all the Spies clam up when I ask why they are sporting these patches on their cubicle wall?

ppt_patches.jpg

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Is that why all the Spies clam up when I ask why they are sporting these patches on their cubicle wall?

ppt_patches.jpg

I think the powerpoint ranger tab takes the cake. I wish I knew someone in army intel so I could give them one.

I just graduated. I can answer some of these questions.

I'm not at all concerned with the material or studying.
- You probably mean in terms of difficulty. You may need to be, there were people that failed out of our class and some were kicked out of the program. By no means is the program impossible, they want you to graduate but you have to put in effort.
- More concerned with schedule
About 5 months long.
- where most students live
Virginia Beach Area, off-base
- where the best bars are
I think you can handle this on your own.
- course structure:
Powerpoint, guest speakers, field trips, videos, projects, tests...pretty basic learning tools
- PT
Mandatory once a week PT. On your own.
- and anything else that has to do with the course other than the material
You will learn about everything that is important to being an intelligence officer.
- Not concerned with billets as that wont apply to me
Reservist?
Thanks for any info that you don't mind sharing.

G33K

I just graduated. I can answer some of these questions.
- Not concerned with billets as that wont apply to me
Reservist?
Thanks for any info that you don't mind sharing.

Nope....alphabet soup officer taking the course for a few different reasons

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
If you are in the dam neck area, I'll have my girl contact you with the details. She's been in that world for about 11 years now

azguy

None
Nope....alphabet soup officer taking the course for a few different reasons

That term has several meanings -- are you civilian or active duty? I can't figure out if you're getting a good deal or the shaft...

G33K

It's a bad deal for me that I am unplugged from my operational community for an extended period of time. It's a good deal in that I'm getting time to unplug near a beach. Just trying to figure out what kind of adminstrivia and other queepy stuff that may make my life miserable, other than physically being in a structured entry level course. Over all I am looking forward to the experience....I think.