• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I just wanted to congratulate a good friend of mine, LtCol Ron Hahn has been named Marine of the Year by the Association of Old Crows. "Foghorn" is not only an NFO but is one Helluva Marine. Fog was an Artillery Officer in the Gulf War who upon return transitioned to NFO. He was on the first strikes into Bosnia and WAS the first Aircraft in Kosovo. He was also involved with Northern Watch and is presently a pivotal player in Enduring Freedom. He is a shining example of what ANY Marine, regardless of how many anchors on his wings, can accomplish with hard work and dedication. For those who think you are too big for an EA6 ejection seat, Fog was a linebacker for the Univ of Delaware. He's about 6'4' 225. Very big, very loud (Arty Officer) and a great friend. Fog, if you read this and I know you do....Congrats! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

megrey06

Kingsville
The new Assistant Commandant is an NFO. It was confirmed in August at 8th & I. If I'm not mistaken, that's the highest position ever obtained by and NFO and Aviator period within the Corps.

Correct me guys if that is inaccurate.

-Matt

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by megrey06
The new Assistant Commandant is an NFO. It was confirmed in August at 8th & I. If I'm not mistaken, that's the highest position ever obtained by and NFO and Aviator period within the Corps.

Correct me guys if that is inaccurate.

-Matt
The last one was a naval aviator. . .But yeah first NFO as ACMC.

davidsin

Wow that's very encouraging-

What rank is the ACMC
icon_smile_question.gif
Is ACMC second to Commandant?

Did u check out the new www.marines.com website. It's pretty tight.

Semper Fi

Rainman

pilot
Yeah, met him (exchanged hellos from what I remember) at the Marine Corps Birthday Ball in Pensacola -- "Spyder"

ACMC - Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps -- Grade O10 - General

davidsin

I found the ACMC's bio check it out.

http://www.usmc.mil/genbios2.nsf/biographies/B6EC83B3A0A9DDF685256808006F19AD?opendocument

Semper Fi

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
yea moutain, you and the assistant commandant are drinking buddies, huh. suppose he bought you a beer.. you guys shared stories based on your experiences in the corps, huh.. jeez

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
You'd be suprised at how much fun he is to be around there Splinter. I was there too. He and the CO of MATSG were blasted! Two awesome men!

Bite your tongue before you speak without thinking next time.

Rainman

pilot
splinter--I'm answering candidates' questions. . what gives?

Where's the love alpha; where's the love?

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
There's a story that when Gen. Nyland was Col. Nyland and CO of MATSG he made it mandatory that every Friday after API classes, all Pool Marines had to go to the O-club for a "winding down." They would play cards and drink beer for a couple of hours, then were allowed to leave.

This story from a Marine in API at that time.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
That's no story. I was apart of "Spyder's Web" Marines. Great man! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

thartley

Gen Nyland is a very approachable Marine. I have met him three times and each time would take the time to answer any questions you had. This was the second year in a row he was the guest of honor at the MATSG Ball and I'm sure, if asked, he will be back next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.