• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO, where do I live

sgtdube

USMCGRUNT
To all the Marine NFO's (not sure if Navy applies) where do you live and where will be the best place for me to live. I do not mind driving 20 mins, but not much more. Also, it will most likely be a house I am renting. So fellow SNFOs, where should I live?
Lt Dube

phrogpilot73

To all the Marine NFO's (not sure if Navy applies) where do you live and where will be the best place for me to live. I do not mind driving 20 mins, but not much more. Also, it will most likely be a house I am renting. So fellow SNFOs, where should I live?
Lt Dube
I'm assuming you mean when you're in P-Cola going through flight school. Perdido Key is a nice place to live for the SNFO's...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Perdido, downtown P-Cola has some nice stuff, and there are some really nice housing developments out of the back gate if you take the right onto Gulf Beach.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
You need to move into my place. We have a bedroom open right now just out of the back gate.

Attachments

• View_from_the_pad.JPG
    View_from_the_pad.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 133

GreenWave08

Does the new thing where the student pilots are having to live in the Pensacola Q apply also to the new student NFO's reporting this summer?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, it doesn't. One of the senior NFOs here is friends with the XO at NAS P'Cola, and he called down to check two days ago. It only applies to pilots who'll be doing primary at Whiting.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
No, it doesn't. One of the senior NFOs here is friends with the XO at NAS P'Cola, and he called down to check two days ago. It only applies to pilots who'll be doing primary at Whiting.

In other words, all NFOs arrive at NASP on PCS orders while pilots are TAD.

whalepelt

They know from the beginning whether an SNA will go to Corpus or Whiting? I thought they didn't assign your base for Primary until later.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
They know from the beginning whether an SNA will go to Corpus or Whiting? I thought they didn't assign your base for Primary until later.

They give most married SNAs PCS orders to Whiting. They give most single SNAs open-ended orders...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Warnung!!!

To all SNFOs reading this:

DO NOT RENT AT AUSTINWOOD APARTMENTS!!!!!
(they have screwed over a couple people on the boards, myself included)