• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Vision Requirements

sunowl

SNFO
I loved it at MEPS when everyone (doctors, etc) would look at my uncorrected vision of 20/400 and say "And the Navy is going to let you...fly?"

Almost no one there knew what an NFO was...eventually I gave up correcting and let them refer to me as a future pilot :eek:

Lindy

I just got back today, slept for four hours when I got home! Now time to get this SF86 jazz taken care of. This 10 year history thing is killing me!

Lindy

Yes sir! I knew pilot was a stretch for my eyes, and I couldn't find the actual NAMI requirement at the time. N3M will see SNA on my packet, but we're going to resubmit for SNFO right after. My plan right now is to get the Navy to pay for PRK after training and try to lateral to pilot! It's hard, but it's been done before. What's your status?

BDfan88

Yes sir! I knew pilot was a stretch for my eyes, and I could find the actual NAMI requirement at the time. N3M will see SNA on my packet, but we're going to resubmit for SNFO right after. My plan right now is to get the Navy to pay for PRK after training and try to lateral to pilot! It's hard, but it's been done before. What's your status?
Cool I hope that works out for you. As for me, Im getting ready for the next board whenever that is. Just going for SNA right now. Last time I got my eyes checked (at Lenscrafters lol) they told me I was 20/30. So hopefully, it stays that way.

deadweather

Pro-Rec SNA & SNFO
Anyone have the updated physical acquirement for NFO? I got DQ'ed from aviation due to 20/20 -2 corrected vision and I want to know if it will DQ me from NFO. I am assuming it will?

fergz89

I was wondering if any of the info on here has changed? since this thread was created back in 08 with the latest post being 3 years ago

Thanks!