• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO to SNA

HakTX

Does anyone know if its possible to pick up a SNA slot at TBS even though you have a NFO contract? or if its possible to apply for SNA at either API/ mid career.

Thanks

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know if its possible to pick up a SNA slot at TBS even though you have a NFO contract? or if its possible to apply for SNA at either API/ mid career.

Thanks

Hah, API: "mid-career".

HakTX

I tried searching the topic under "NFO" and "transfer" but the website kept on saying "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms". Am I searching under the wrong key words?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For the Navy, the short answer is yes, usually, but not easy. USMC, no idea. But it is on the AW somewhere.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I think the better people to ask are the MATSG folks.

This is a home run answer. Don't bring stuff up at TBS that qualifies as outside their little box. It's a great institution, but there is no place for such sorcery. The folks at MATSG-21 were really pretty good about this issue when I was there. Hang in there.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I know a guy who came out of TBS as an NFO contract, only to find out that he was in fact an SNA. He's on here, maybe he will share :)

HakTX

I appreciate it. Long story short. I qualify for pilot (passed the ASTB and Flt physical) but time is running out for me age wise and the only thing available to me at this time in NFO.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I appreciate it. Long story short. I qualify for pilot (passed the ASTB and Flt physical) but time is running out for me age wise and the only thing available to me at this time in NFO.

Just make sure you are hugely ok with being an NFO. It's possible to switch, but it's certainly not normal.