• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

grishajb

I am 1/C MIDN and am going to be putting in a packet for SNFO when I return to school this fall. This past year we had two MIDN who did not get picked up for either SNA or SNFO. What I'm wondering is if I put SNFO as my #1 choice, does that give me precedence over someone who puts SNFO as their #2 choice? I have about a 3.1 GPA b/c I have spent the last few semesters busting it to get out of the hole that the premed route dug for me. I have a 6 on AQR and a 6 on NFO FAR and a 4 on NFO BI, the BI is no longer applicable right? Then, the PRT they look at, will that be the one I take this fall or rather will they just look at overall scores? Also, all I ever read or hear about are the slots for pilots, but I want to know what kind of demands there are for NFOs as well as people wanting to go NFO. Thanks.

Hudson

I would say that you need to take the ASTB again and try to get your scores up. There are very few slots right now. It has been like that for some time. Shoot for 8s or 9s. also keep working on your GPA. I hear you about the Premed situation. What is your Major now? Keep looking around this site and you will find out what NFO is all about.
Good Luck
Hudson

Meridiani

Hmmm, is it really as competitive for NROTC folks as it is for the BDCP/OCS folks? Anyway, I second the suggestion about perusing this forum for info on NFOs. Keep an eye out for posts written by 'wink', they're very informative.

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
The score requirements come and go. I made it in when they desparately needed NFO's. I only had 5 on the AQR and 4's on most all others. I finished the pipeline with no problems. Guess it just depends on what they need that year. Good luck!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As mentioned, competitive scores and packages vary over the months, sometimes weeks. Generally pilot is harder to get just because so many of the slots go so very early in the year. Then the competition goes up for the remaining few. NFO tends to take longer to fill because everyone knows what a pilot is and there is little understanding of what a good deal NFO can be to most potential applicants. Competition, though very keen, tends to be realtively even throughout the year. Fact is, at any given time NFO can be harder to get then pilot, tho not often. I'd say boost the ASTB scores long as there is time. I assume NROTC screening is the same as for OCS apps. I think the same guys do it. You don't really compete with each other for any given slot. On a particular day they start at the top of the stack of apps and look at the first one. If it meets the competitive profile, the guy is in. Of course the competitive profile is determined by the realitve quality of the apps and number of jobs available. The bottom line tho is that a guy with a 3.9 in AE and 9s on the ASTB is not going to be shut out because there is a bunch of 4.0 AE apps on the desk at the same time. Put togather YOUR best package and don't worry about who else is out there. If a guy has NFO second choice good for you. They won't look at his second choice unless he nonselects for his first choice. Good Luck

I have a question, how come I've read on here some people recently have been selected when their apps had only been sent in a few weeks ago, but mine have been in for almost 3 months and I have not heard anything? How come I didn't hear before them since my app went in two months before theirs???? Grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.