• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridiani

Originally posted by kevin
stacy's confused. me too.

I'm DAZED and confused, thank you.
hypnotized_125.gif
sly_125.gif

Valion310

Originally posted by Meridiani
Originally posted by Valion310
I think you guys should be picky and turn down slots, more for those of us who want any slot to serve the country.

Bryant, I thought you already had a BDCP slot?
boggled_125.gif

No, I wish. My package got way delayed so I could try and score higher on the test one more time.
banghead_125.gif
But its going down for sure this time in 3 weeks, and with the drearyness of the SNA status, I'm just sort of planning for NFO or AMDO so I'm not disappointed if SNA comes back shot down.

Sorry, I'm having a brain fart. Who is this? I get the names here confused with our guys down at Metro.

Valion310 off to Physics class ... AHHH!!

Valion310

oooKAY ... I checked out your profile, now I remember who this is. Sorry, how's things going for you? I figured you would have shipped out already?

Valion310 out-

Meridiani

Well, good luck on your upcoming app submission! Are you graduating soon, or is the app for BDCP? I'm so confused...but we already established that.
icon_smile_wink.gif

I'm doing good! I haven't shipped yet cuz there were long delays with my first app, and then it took NRC a good three months to give me the thumbs down. I was luckier with the second app, though--got recommended for SNFO a few weeks ago.

Valion310

Congratz! Ya, delays are no bueno but oh well. If the Navy is famous for anything, its the "hurry up and wait" policy.

Valion310 out-

Valion310

Hey Stacey ... my package went down today.
scared_125.gif
Now I have to sit on my hands and try not to bite my nails off waiting for the next six weeks. I decided to make the hip shot for BDCP also, I figure I definitly wont get it if I dont apply and the recruiter said there is actually not even a waiting list (taking a grain of salt on that one) for it, I guess since all the schools just graduated.

Anyway, thought I would update you if you happen to check this thread. I'd be sooo happy with NFO or AMDO, I would buy the forum and half of Denver a round of beers!!
propeller_125.gif

Valion310 waiting ... waiting ... waiting
banghead_125.gif

Meridiani

Cool! I look forward to my beer! I expect to recoup that at the Denver DEP meeting in October.
icon_smile.gif

How much time do you have left before you graduate?

Valion310

Hey, if I get my commission and this acceptance, I wont mind eating my words on the beer.

I graduate May 14 2004. I've got like a week left of this summer semester then like 2 weeks off before fall starts.

What all have you been up too?

Valion310 ... waiting ... waiting ... waiting ...
batman_125.gif

Meridiani

What have I been up to? No good, mainly. Haha. But seriously, I'm just working and waiting...and waiting...and waiting. At least I now have an OCS date, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Doc33

Good afternoon to all. I am professionally accepted to the NFO program and am slotted to leave for OCS in August/September. I can't think of anything worse than failing out of NFO but what exactly happens if you do? I hate to think of the idea but I am a realist and understand that failing can occur! (hopefully it's the other guy though.) Anyway, other questions are raising from reading the various postings throughout this site. It is a great site and very informative but I'm looking to get in touch with others who are looking to attend ocs around the same time and gather their information about what to expect. Also, those who have completed OCS, is it boot camp? (prior navy corpsman) What type of classwork? etc. Also, getting to NFO, what is it like? What can I expect and how can I best prepare for it? Any responses would be great.

ordinary_guy

Doc, I'm in the 17 July class as a SNFO. Most of the advise which I've heard regarding OCS has been:
1. Get in shape.
2. Memorize the Big Four.
Regarding failing, one OCS grad on this site told me that of the 54 who graduated with him, 37 were originally in his class. The others rolled in. The general consensus of the OCS grads here seems to be that you have to be a major screw-up to be forced out of OCS. Obviously, if you decide to quit, that's another thing altogether.

Doc33

Reply to Oridinary Guy

The big four? I haven't heard of that yet. July in Pensacola? Are you from the south or are you going to get acclimated? Thanks for your input and anything else you can give advice throughout the process would be much appreciated. Doc.

ordinary_guy

Doc,

Once you are finally accepted, you'll be given a list of things to memorize. These Big Four are the general orders of the sentry, the code of conduct, the chain of command, and the rank structure of the Navy and the Marine Corps. I'm working through it slowly; it's not that difficult. I've now told you everything I KNOW about OCS. Probably a lot of stuff you'll hear on this site will be speculation or half-truths. My recruiter did tell me the other day that PT at OCS seems to be particularly intense right now. He said that his folks who have gone down there have found their pain to be inversely related to their preparation. It can get pretty hot in Ohio during the summer, so I'm not overly worried about the thrill of running during a Florida Panhandle summer. Good luck with getting your packaged wrapped up.

Doc33

Ordinary Guy

Thanks. I am hearing the same concerning PT so getting back into shape has been my biggest mission. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.