• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumppilot01

What is there in the civilian world for an NFO? Obviosuly as a pilot, you can get out and pretty much do anything you want with your military background, but what about an NFO? What options exist for them in the civilian world?

Also, what types of jobs do NFOs do? I know it is not all Maverick and Goose...

Thanks

jumppilot01

Thanks for the info. I've read a discussion of on flightinfo.com about NFO opportunities, and found out some things.

The post is still there for those who are interested.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I think one of the main things that any job in the Navy provides you with background and experience in, is just the plain old management and leadership experience that businesses look for. With all the collateral duties, and varying billet positions you will go through, you will run divisions or branches, be in charge of sailors and in some cases managing $$. Tie that in with whatever degree you have, and you become a marketable asset. As grouch said, basically, it is what you make of it.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have had a few friends that had their Civilian Pilots license as an NFO and they logged all the "CO-PILOT" time and were able to get into the Airline world......basically because when you start as an Airline pilot, you are the co-pilot. As everyone else said, it's all what you make of it!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks for the info. I've read a discussion of on flightinfo.com about NFO opportunities, and found out some things.

The post is still there for those who are interested.
I wasn't able to find the link on this page. Maybe it just isnt there anymore. Thanks.

Semper FI

jumppilot01

EA-6B1,

Sorry for the late reply. The link for the post is:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showth...6&highlight=NFO

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showth...9&highlight=NFO

Hope that helps.

colin007

I've heard that many NFO's go into the CIA or NSA due to the technical skills gained during training and everyday work.

Selected SNFO

vschip

flew S-3's in san diego, here's a list of what nfo's in my squadron did after they got out.
2 got MBA's from USC, 1 working for goldman sach's in san fran, and 1 for morgan stanley in nyc
1 working for FBI
2 working for private contractors doing weapons work for the navy in sd
guys what did there shore tour at the pentagon got jobs with contractors in the dc area
over 10 working for various airlines, including skywest, aca, asa, delta(he's furloghed), and netjets
many other things out there, concur with what webmaster said, you do well, come out of your navy career with a good record, people will come looking for you

Status
Not open for further replies.