• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO qualifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNU-OCS

Ive looked at the NAMI qualifications, however, it doesnt say one thing about astigmatism. I will be going to college next fall, i am midway through my senior year of HS. I am planning on applying to Marine PLC early my freshman year of college. I would like to get an NFO contract (i cant get a pilots contract b/c of my eyesight), however i was just at the eye doctor and i found out that i have moderate astigmatism in my right eye and slight astigmatism in my left eye. So my question is this- Is astigmatism a disqualifier to become a NFO. Also I would presume Navy standards are the same as Marine standards for naval aviation. Is that a correct assumption?

Thanks

joefoe

i'm not a doc, but i have an astigmatism in one eye, and I'm through 2 yrs as an nfo. Not sure what the standards are.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
astigmatism is ok as long as you correct to 20/20. the uncorrected limit is nearly blind. good luck

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
What Wink said...I had a pilot slot...then they discovered a slight astigmatism in my left eye...now I'm an SNFO...

Status
Not open for further replies.