• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Primary vs. Pilot Primary

It seems like SNFOs are beginning primary right after NIFE ends, while SNAs have a 8+ month wait right now. While they both go through primary, what's the difference between SNFO Primary and SNA Primary? Is the coursework/flying different? I've heard that SNFO's don't solo anymore (recent change?).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It seems like SNFOs are beginning primary right after NIFE ends, while SNAs have a 8+ month wait right now. While they both go through primary, what's the difference between SNFO Primary and SNA Primary? Is the coursework/flying different? I've heard that SNFO's don't solo anymore (recent change?).

Did you search around this forum to *possibly* find your answer?

villo0692

Wait’s no longer that long for Primary, around 2 months in average. Less for Corpus

haka

None
The major difference between SNA and SNFO primary is that SNFOs don't fly. After fams SNFOs sit in the back seat of the T-6 and don't touch the stick again, they certainly don't solo.

Classes, sims, and flights focus on directing the pilot, comms, and nav.