• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Potential Pipelines

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
so do NFO's get any stick time in the newer F-18G or is the stick only for weapon selection etc

No. THere is no control stick in the backseat of a missionized Rhino, just two hand controllers.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Stick time isn't that big of a deal. During FCLPs we were in FTs, so I'd fly from Oceana to the NALF and then back, which was kinda cool... but blah, if you're ever doing anything tactical, I could care less about flying the jet...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stick time isn't that big of a deal. During FCLPs we were in FTs, so I'd fly from Oceana to the NALF and then back, which was kinda cool... but blah, if you're ever doing anything tactical, I could care less about flying the jet...

Why were they giving you FTs?

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Why were they giving you FTs?

To save the FS's for tactical flights...

I mean, if you were an IP... would you really want to be doing AIC, trying to nail the notch with some dude in the back grabbing the stick to run short range radar?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
To save the FS's for tactical flights...

I mean, if you were an IP... would you really want to be doing AIC, trying to nail the notch with some dude in the back grabbing the stick to run short range radar?

Good point

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
I've never seen your name before yet you have 1000+ posts... holy Private Spouses Corner Batman!

I use to post in the public forum....got in some heated arguments, one of which eventually helped lead to the creation of the forementioned "holy PSC Batman!" LOL. :) Anyways....I usually just read the public forum & only post if I actually know something (not just guessing based on what I can remember my husband doing/telling me) or if something is REALLY funny. :) Thanks by the way, for noticing the # of posts...just kidding of course. This site is how I somewhat understood what my husband (then boyfriend) was going through in OCS & flight school (I was getting my master's degree while he was there in P-cola)....so the HOLY PSC helped me to ask less dumb questions about his career & naval aviation in general. (probably way more info than you cared to get...huh). :)
Megan