• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Mentor?

emcee1

Long-time lurker, first time poster here. I'm currently an enlisted E-6 wanting to learn more about NFO. The day I was going to drop my PAO application in the mail, I received an email saying that there are zero quotas for FY-19 and FY-20 doesn't look good either. I'm interested in transitioning to the wardroom sooner rather than later and I've never met any aviation officer who hated their job. So why not NFO?
This probably isn't the place for my entire life story, so I'm interested in connecting with someone offline who is an NFO. Ideally a person who knows a lot about the different communities and career progression, can give me some tips on being competitive with no aviation experience or maybe even willing to interview me (anyone in Hawaii is a plus.)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Long-time lurker, first time poster here. I'm currently an enlisted E-6 wanting to learn more about NFO. The day I was going to drop my PAO application in the mail, I received an email saying that there are zero quotas for FY-19 and FY-20 doesn't look good either. I'm interested in transitioning to the wardroom sooner rather than later and I've never met any aviation officer who hated their job. So why not NFO?
This probably isn't the place for my entire life story, so I'm interested in connecting with someone offline who is an NFO. Ideally a person who knows a lot about the different communities and career progression, can give me some tips on being competitive with no aviation experience or maybe even willing to interview me (anyone in Hawaii is a plus.)

If no one responds here your best bet is to reach out to your DIVO/Wardroom to see if they can find an NFO to help out.

Aside from that, there is a TON of gouge here about becoming an NFO and the pipeline. You can start much of the homework yourself.