• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO jet syllabus odds

Dhopeful

What are the typical odds of a SNFO getting the jet pipeline? I wanted either the hornet or prowlers, but now that the prowlers are being replaced with growlers I guess that is good for me and others wanting jet pipeline. I know it mostly depends on the needs of the USN/USMC but I have read in my ASTB study guide that roughly 60% get the jet pipeline but I don't know how accurate that is.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What are the typical odds of a SNFO getting the jet pipeline? I wanted either the hornet or prowlers, but now that the prowlers are being replaced with growlers I guess that is good for me and others wanting jet pipeline. I know it mostly depends on the needs of the USN/USMC but I have read in my ASTB study guide that roughly 60% get the jet pipeline but I don't know how accurate that is.

Bro, there's no way to predict. The Growler transition only makes your chances worse numbers-wise (not better) if you're into getting into the jet community. Read up and use the search function - it is your friend.

Brett

jtmedli

pilot
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150098

Doesn't exactly answer your question, but a good read for someone interested in being an NFO.

Like Brett said, the Prowler has 3 NFOs and the Growler has 1. I'm not going to breakout the graphing calculator on this one, but I think that means less for you. FWIW the Marine Corps has plans to fly Prowlers for while longer and NFOs are "guaranteed" jets. Just throwing that out there.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

I was very polite the first time and I will be again, please use the search function and browse through the forums.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?p=577580#post577580

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Maybe it's just me but this sounds an awful like what % get jets??!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
@ bunk... it is.

To the OP... your ASTB study guide is bullshitting you. Your odds of getting jets as an NFO are 42%.

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
I'm pretty sure that I read in the "What Percent Get Jets?" handbook that the percentage was 42.33...repeating of course.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
I'm pretty sure that I read in the "What Percent Get Jets?" handbook that the percentage was 42.33...repeating of course.

Missed a reference, dude.

Hitchhikers-Guide.jpg

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
apparently it just decreased to the square root of 2pi times y, where y = the # of black dots on this picture

black_dots_illusion.gif

i know this because God himself told me so (trumps all other references)

Renegade One

None
Okay...enough of the BS banter...here's the gouge for getting jets in the NFO pipeline: It's 50 percent...

You either will or you won't.