• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Info

Kiitana

I just recently found out that I did not select for SWO and as a result, will be taking the ASTB so I can go NFO. I was wondering what tips might be out there for both the ASTB as well as the NFO career path (platforms, homeports, etc.). My fiance isn't all that thrilled about aviation, so I'm trying to show her the bright side. Thank you in advance for your advice.

V/R

Wankertank

Free Hat!
Welcome to the forum.

All the info you need can be found by searching the NFO and ASTB sections of this website, as well as typing things into google as well. You will find a wealth of information in both those sections...much more than can be told in a single post. Check out the spouses corner for info. on how signifigant others may feel about your decision to fly Navy.

Good Luck!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kiitana said:
My fiance isn't all that thrilled about aviation, so I'm trying to show her the bright side.
V/R
Tell her not to become an aviator, then tell her to STFU (unless she's paying all the bills, in which case you had better do what she says). ;)

Brett

GoLSU94

Don't take the Bonus.
Brett327 said:
Tell her not to become an aviator, then tell her to STFU (unless she's paying all the bills, in which case you had better do what she says). ;)

Brett
Nice. You always could cut right to the heart of the matter.

If you don't want aviation don't take it. If you really want aviation but are afraid to tell your Fiancé and are using "The Navy made me do it" as an excuse, either don't get married or don't join the Navy. The separation and level of commitment required is tough. Having a Wife who is not 100% on board will only lead to problems further down the road.

If you do choose aviation as a career path you will be challanged throuought your carreer. Flight school will be one of the most demanding and rewarding experiences of you life. When you are through it all and in the Fleet, you will realize that flight school was a cake walk compared to life a a fleet avaitor.

Whatever your choice, don't take it for granted and make sure you are doing what is right for you.

Kiitana

In the end, I think I'm actually happier that I didn't get selected for SWO. I was quoted during CORTRAMID as saying that I wanted to go aviation, so I guess things work out in the long run. With regard to my fiance, she just takes a little time to warm up to new ideas, that's all. Right now, I'm just worried about finishing finals as well as passing the ASTB.