• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Flight Time

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't have a dog in this fight, but while it might suck to be a pilot with an ass-clown RIO, it must take balls-of-steel for a RIO to fly with an ass-clown pilot!

Inner monologue:"Don't die, don't die, don't die...holy shit, he's trying to kill us both...that f'ing boat is HUGE! OH shit! OH shit!"

jtmedli

pilot
I don't have a dog in this fight, but while it might suck to be a pilot with an ass-clown RIO, it must take balls-of-steel for a RIO to fly with an ass-clown pilot!

Inner monologue:"Don't die, don't die, don't die...holy shit, he's trying to kill us both...that f'ing boat is HUGE! OH shit! OH shit!"

I've never thought of it from that point of view. That...would...suck!!!

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None

Try sitting in the back of a hummer when you get a screaming power call.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The first time I trunked a tacform lead was when I realized that I could not be an NFO.....I have a lot of respect for anyone who will ride along back there for a career

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was nurture by exposure to some total ass clown RIOs, not nature that made me this way...

RIOs don't have a monopoly on being NTAC sor otherwise useless in the Tomcat community (or any other community).

There's always a quality spread at play. I know personally of several instance of inadequate behavior in front seat that resulted in lost aircraft and in another, a dead RIO while pilot lived without acknowledging or correcting his self-centric behavior that resulted in being run off both coasts once his rep was known.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
From my first tacform brief:
"Just don't make me sick, and it takes a lot to make me sick. I used to be an NFO and ate hotdogs once while doing pop attacks."

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
HJ, concur... gentle or not so gentle ribbing here, not to be taken as anything but such...

I thank and introduce "Smoke" everytime I see him for as being the bravest dude in the entire world.... rode with me my first try at the ship... Dairy Queen.