• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO applicant - OCT 2018 Board

Mach1

Hi all, I know I am beating a dead horse with this post but I have been digging through forms for a while now and would like some direct responses if possible. I was recently disqualified from SNA due to uncorrected vision. I am now planning on applying to the OCT 2018 board as an NFO applicant. I am aware that corrective surgery is an option, however the year long wait is very discouraging seeing that even then there is no garuntee of being selected. Is there anyone out there that strongly advocates for getting the surgery? Or does anyone know of someone who has gotten it done and still didn't qualify?

Also, fellow NFO applicants that plan on submitting to the OCT 2018 board, feel free to drop your scores. We can get an Excel spreadsheet going as time goes on!

Mach1

Hi all, I know I am beating a dead horse with this post but I have been digging through forms for a while now and would like some direct responses if possible. I was recently disqualified from SNA due to uncorrected vision. I am now planning on applying to the OCT 2018 board as an NFO applicant. I am aware that corrective surgery is an option, however the year long wait is very discouraging seeing that even then there is no garuntee of being selected. Is there anyone out there that strongly advocates for getting the surgery? Or does anyone know of someone who has gotten it done and still didn't qualify?

Also, fellow NFO applicants that plan on submitting to the OCT 2018 board, feel free to drop your scores. We can get an Excel spreadsheet going as time goes on!
49 OAR 7/8/7
BS Criminal Justice - 3.82 GPA
LoRs (3-O6s and Flight Instructor)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

You are beating a dead horse a few times now. For an October board, the FY board schedule isn’t even out yet so please refrain from creating a board that might not take place then.

Second, regarding LASIK, there are countless threads about it and in addition, you can google the NAMI guide when it comes to corrective eye surgery.

Lastly, there’s a single posted thread dedicated to what’s considered competitive. You can check out fellow stats there.

In the end, your situation isn’t any different that the hundreds who have gone before you. Take the time to search around and then ask questions. You are more likely to be helped if you’ve done the homework.

Mach1

You are beating a dead horse a few times now. For an October board, the FY board schedule isn’t even out yet so please refrain from creating a board that might not take place then.

Second, regarding LASIK, there are countless threads about it and in addition, you can google the NAMI guide when it comes to corrective eye surgery.

Lastly, there’s a single posted thread dedicated to what’s considered competitive. You can check out fellow stats there.

In the end, your situation isn’t any different that the hundreds who have gone before you. Take the time to search around and then ask questions. You are more likely to be helped if you’ve done the homework.
Right, I have done quite a bit of digging in here. I was simply looking for some more recent personal accounts. Most of these threads are quite old and I have been getting mixed responses which lead me to create my own thread which hopefully would be easier to find for people. However, I do appreciate your response.

As for the me saying "OCT 2018 board" I realize I should have said "1st board of FY 2019." Is there a way to delete/edit a thread?