• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

Joey H

Made final selection for NFO! Heading yo meps in a few hours to take care of finger prints and sign my security questionaire. Not sure why I have to so this again, but OR said sooner I get this done sooner I will find out if I am actually accepted with an OCS date or not! Was told I won't find out until April or may though.. Anybody else have similar experience? Congratulations to all who were selected!

SykesT762

Ensign SNA
Made final selection for NFO! Heading yo meps in a few hours to take care of finger prints and sign my security questionaire. Not sure why I have to so this again, but OR said sooner I get this done sooner I will find out if I am actually accepted with an OCS date or not! Was told I won't find out until April or may though.. Anybody else have similar experience? Congratulations to all who were selected!
I'm off to MEPS in a couple as well, though mine is because they have the wrong place of birth on my fingerprint card. The sooner the better, they're telling me.

KnightFlight

NRD San Diego here.

Same with my OR. He said that no one knew this board was happening. He just happened to call to check the status of the board when an annoyed voice on the other end told him that they needed my signatures since I had received a PRO REC - Y. He and I were both pleased with the response (obviously) but were totally surprised!
What signatures do they need? My OR told me all I can do now is wait for my FINSEL.

Kevin Jenkins

pilot
Prorec-n sna/snfo for the second time, think I'll try the marines next
The Marine Officer requirements are much more involved than the Navy. The Navy focuses more on ASTB-e and GPA(As well as other determinants.) The Marine application is a long and arduous process that takes dedication and commitment just to get the opportunity to apply. PFT is weighed heavily as well as astb-e, gpa, extra-curricular, and probably most importantly the recommendation of the OSO. I started with the Marines and switched to the Navy application shortly after. After a while I realized that the Marine route fit me as a person much more. No offense to the Navy program, but it's one of those thing that you know deep down. The one thing that I learned very quickly and will continue to have drilled into my head is that you are a MARINE first. You don't even get to step foot near an airplane for at least nine months, so you have to ask yourself what you really want. Message me if you'd like and I can give you more details on the process. I'm currently waiting for the next Marine board to convene.

Congrats to all the Prorec-Y!

JkFlGataXY

PROREC-Y SNA
Prorec-n sna/snfo for the second time, think I'll try the marines next

To add on to what @KnightFlight said. You'll need many quality references from Marine Corps Officers/High Government Officials and many volunteer hours. My buddy is actually commissioning from the PLC program in May for SNA (first you go to TBS before Pcola), he's been to his 2 OCS classes (Juniors/Seniors) and is graduating in May. @Piposterous fyi too.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Same. I was told it would be sometime this month. Hopefully some of the aviation pro-recs will withdraw their SWO applications if that was their first choice.

If anyone was selected for pilot or NFO as their first choice all other choices are automatically removed. So if they had swo as second then they won't be considered since their got their first choice.

paulmkrueger

If anyone was selected for pilot or NFO as their first choice all other choices are automatically removed. So if they had swo as second then they won't be considered since their got their first choice.
yessss.gif

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So question, I missed to pilot board due to a small transcript related thing. I have SWO as second choice.
What will happen if I get selected for the SWO board while I'm still waiting for the pilot board?

I am assuming if I get a yes for SWO, then wait until SNA and hopefully get yes for that also, and then I get to choose... Anyone chime in on that?

Yes, if SWO is your second choice and you get selected, you will still be reviewed at the soonest Pilot/NFO board. Of course, if you get selected for SWO and don't want to wait for the next Pilot/NFO board, you can write a statement to your recruiter/NRC (if you're a fleet application) declining consideration for your first choice and proceed with your second.