• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
Speaking of calluses, get a stone for the shower to smooth them down and get rid of them. I thought calluses would be a good thing so I didn't tear up my hands constantly... Wait until you rip one off while you're hanging from the bar, it is far from pleasant. I use a stone about twice a week since that day haha.

God that sounds absolutely horrible - I can't imagine trying to bang out 7 more pullups while having a raw spot on my hand grinding on the pullup bar. I will definitely look into getting one, that is some good advice.

Al. Poison

URGENT: I just got off the phone with my OR in Philly. It seems there has been a huge national debacle with this board. According to my OR nobody in the region was informed the boards were happening on the 3rd (NYC, Philly, Baltimore). Furthermore most of the west coast was not informed. In years of doing this he has never seen something like this. They usually get a few weeks heads up on the deadline. You could hear the anger in his voice. So there are tons of applicants that may be affected by this. Follow up with your ORs. There is a scramble to figure out what is to be done with all these applicants that never made it to the board. Possibly an early next board. Strap in ladies and gents.

So is this like in high school, when your teacher left everyone's homework "at home", and now everyone gets A's?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Here are the stats from the recent board. As you can tell, these boards are in fact rolling and even recruiters don't have much information on when an upcoming board will convene:

PILOT

Selected- 92
Not selected- 11

NFO (Non-priors were selected here)

Selected- 77
Not selected- 16
For those not selected, you cannot resubmit until after 4 May 2015. No reason behind that date.

Chris18

URGENT: I just got off the phone with my OR in Philly. It seems there has been a huge national debacle with this board. According to my OR nobody in the region was informed the boards were happening on the 3rd (NYC, Philly, Baltimore). Furthermore most of the west coast was not informed. In years of doing this he has never seen something like this. They usually get a few weeks heads up on the deadline. You could hear the anger in his voice. So there are tons of applicants that may be affected by this. Follow up with your ORs. There is a scramble to figure out what is to be done with all these applicants that never made it to the board. Possibly an early next board. Strap in ladies and gents.

NRD San Diego here.

Same with my OR. He said that no one knew this board was happening. He just happened to call to check the status of the board when an annoyed voice on the other end told him that they needed my signatures since I had received a PRO REC - Y. He and I were both pleased with the response (obviously) but were totally surprised!

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
NRD San Diego here.

Same with my OR. He said that no one knew this board was happening. He just happened to call to check the status of the board when an annoyed voice on the other end told him that they needed my signatures since I had received a PRO REC - Y. He and I were both pleased with the response (obviously) but were totally surprised!
Congrats! I hope the selection rate is similar in the next board, I don't know how this will be taken, and believe me I mean no offense, but seeing how close your stats are to mine gives me hope knowing you got pro-rec y. It's so hard to tell what will make the difference.

Chris18

Congrats! I hope the selection rate is similar in the next board, I don't know how this will be taken, and believe me I mean no offense, but seeing how close your stats are to mine gives me hope knowing you got pro-rec y. It's so hard to tell what will make the difference.

No offense taken at all. Your ASTB-E scores are out of this world! But I completely agree, it's so hard to tell what they will or won't like with your package. Looking at your stats, you seem very well rounded and have a lot of great things in your corner. Best of luck with your application!

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
No offense taken at all. Your ASTB-E scores are out of this world! But I completely agree, it's so hard to tell what they will or won't like with your package. Looking at your stats, you seem very well rounded and have a lot of great things in your corner. Best of luck with your application!
I appreciate it, good luck in the fleet, and with the next long wait for FINSEL, I guess it's something we all need to get used to isn't it.

lliesemeyer

I feel like they should weight your GPA a little.....I mean doesn't Purdue have the notoriously most difficult engineering program in the country?

Reuss2305

I'm going through NRD Portland, but my OR won't let me submit until OCT boards saying the district has hit their SNA/SNFO goal for the year. I'm assuming you submitted before they hit that supposed limit? It's crazy frustrating just sitting around because of some BS rule.

I applied way back in October, I think they stopped accepting applications in January.