• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
I've made comments doubting the existence of a board for the last five pages but I'm conceding. Sounds like it definitely happened. Congrats to those who made the board, I'm pulling for you. Mine was submitted today, so I'll be up for the next one.

Met with a commander this week who showed me official stats for a competitive profile. They included a 3.3 GPA and 55/7/7/7 ASTB. He said having a technical degree doesn't matter. Anyways, he talked up the aviation community and the "tribes" within it (jets, helos, P3s). Said it's the best community in the Navy and he would do anything to go back to flight school. Can't wait to be a part of that community with you guys. I'll be on whatever thread is created for the next board. Good luck!
The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that he said having a technical degree doesn't matter. It may be different from NROTC but I know that on that site it lists degrees in tiers. I can see it meaning less for OCS but not nothing. (I know my view of that may be biased, but it still doesn't make sense.)

Last edited:

USSMaximus

For those of you who are getting all of this traffic....Have any of you heard when the due date is for the SWO board? I had my application turned in last Friday, and I want to make sure.

bluehens15

For those of you who are getting all of this traffic....Have any of you heard when the due date is for the SWO board? I had my application turned in last Friday, and I want to make sure.

There has still been no exact "official notice of a date" but if there really is going to be a board on 23 Feb, you should be fine

KnightFlight

Do you think the majority of applicants aren't on here? I'm not trying to say you're wrong, I'm just curious. Probably only a few actually register and comment, but most people must at least look at this site occasionally. Nobody really gets frequent updates from their recruiter, so people must get curious and Google their way here. And then a lot of those people seem to suddenly appear right before the board with an "I've been on this site for a long time but never registered until now" post.

How many people commenting here are going up for the board? Around 20? 25? Does anyone know how big the applicant pool typically is?

I'm just interested to know how representative this site is of the applicant pool in general.
Yes I believe the majority of applicants do not know of this site. I only found out from a friend who was accepted SNA in June. Not sure how many applicants there are overall but I would imagine over 100.

KnightFlight

An additional 3 months is a long time to wait after your recruiter told you that you would most likely make the Nov/Dec board, and then the Jan/Feb board...I think the whole process is just frustrating because the amount of work that goes into making your application "board ready" (MEPS, statements, forms, etc.) could be completed in a few days but the military process draws it out to a couple months.
I went to college specifically to apply for a spot as a Naval Aviator. I graduated in May of 2013 and this is my second time applying. After almost 2 years of application time, waiting 3 months for another board really does go by fast. Just trying to promote some optimism, no worries, the next board will arrive fast!

Tosh Taylor

I went to college specifically to apply for a spot as a Naval Aviator. I graduated in May of 2013 and this is my second time applying. After almost 2 years of application time, waiting 3 months for another board really does go by fast. Just trying to promote some optimism, no worries, the next board will arrive fast!
Curious as to what you mean here. Do you mean chose your degree to better your chances?

KnightFlight

Curious as to what you mean here. Do you mean chose your degree to better your chances?
Yes. I knew I needed a 4 year degree and I figured I would go for something that had to do with aviation, was a good back up career, and could possibly look better on my application. I wish I cared more about engineering in college though, the degree doesn't help much with my GPA.

mz247

Is there any way to check to see if your kit even made this board?! That's really all I want to know at this point

exNavyOffRec

Look, I didn't realize that the information that I gave out was going to stir everyone up. All I was trying to do was let the SWO guys know when their board is scheduled for and its not really hard to for the active duty guys to find if you know how to look at message traffic on NMCI. Take the information to heart or don't, its up to you.

So for the board being on the 3rd, should the active duty guys be able to see it in BOL already? I basically have one shot before I transfer and if somehow I didn't make this board I will be transferring almost right after the next one.

OCS results are transmitted via NMCI or message traffic, plain old BOL and email.

CuBs2105

OCS results are transmitted via NMCI or message traffic, plain old BOL and email.
Thanks for the info. Pretty sure that mine didn't make the board since I haven't heard anything yet and there has already been an active duty applicant say that he heard from the board. Hopefully the next one is in April so I wont have to stress out for too long.

KnightFlight

Thanks for the info. Pretty sure that mine didn't make the board since I haven't heard anything yet and there has already been an active duty applicant say that he heard from the board. Hopefully the next one is in April so I wont have to stress out for too long.
I would ask JT88 how he was able to check. I don't know how AD works.