• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO Rolling Board will be held 2 Dec 2015

gsalg

I posted a thread about that a few years ago when my credit was in pretty rough shape: https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/credit-card-charge-off.39106/

By the way, installment accounts (loans) have much less of an effect on your FICO score than revolving accounts (credit cards), so if you don't have a bunch of credit card debt then your score probably isn't as bad as you think (assuming you're looking at a Credit Karma VantageScore and not paying for one of your FICO scores). Debt-to-income ratio actually isn't decipherable from your credit report alone since it does not contain income information, but current balance-to-initial lended amount and credit card debt-to-credit limit are part of the calculation (the latter having a much bigger impact).

Hey so how did this turn out, I am almost in the exact situation just a college kid that got over his head with credit cards and I am now 3 months late on a credit card. just paid the charges two days ago and I am planning on applying in about 6 months. It was about 800 dollars. My apartment complex also made a mistake and charged me for a month of rent that I wasn't supposed to get charged for, and I am trying to sort it out now with them but that should get taken off. How much does this kind of problem affect my application as SNA in the boards eyes? This for me is the last major hurdle.

dmcminn09

Nice. Any reason why you think you didn't get Feb 14? I'm hoping for March 6th as well.
Not a clue...I was really hoping for Feb 14th, but I guess that's not what the Navy needed. Best of luck to you though...I hope you get what you're hoping for!

Reactions: AB6

scsmith43

pilot
My OR recently notified me that I was selected for SNA & NFO (I didn't even apply for NFO) and that NRC was leaning towards selecting me for NFO. Since SNA is my first choice, my OR sent NRC a letter stating that I decline NFO and would prefer to be selected for SNA. Has anyone had a similar situation?

romoth

My OR said that I was selected for SNA and if found not medically qualified I would be out into the NFO program, I don't know if this means anything but its what he told me.

scsmith43

pilot
My OR said that I was selected for SNA and if found not medically qualified I would be out into the NFO program, I don't know if this means anything but its what he told me.
Right, I'm assuming the same thing for myself.

romoth

But I wasn't told anything about NRC leaning one way or the other. Has anyone else heard of anything similar? Scsmith43 the finsel purgatory thread may have some answers also.

scsmith43

pilot
But I wasn't told anything about NRC leaning one way or the other. Has anyone else heard of anything similar? Scsmith43 the finsel purgatory thread may have some answers also.
Yeah it is a little strange to me. Thanks romoth, I'll check there

exNavyOffRec

My OR recently notified me that I was selected for SNA & NFO (I didn't even apply for NFO) and that NRC was leaning towards selecting me for NFO. Since SNA is my first choice, my OR sent NRC a letter stating that I decline NFO and would prefer to be selected for SNA. Has anyone had a similar situation?

NRC doesn't "lean" one way or another, if you are pro Y for multiple designators then you are processed for your highest Pro Y, no letter is required at all.

What it sounds like is that your OR screwed up and put NFO (1) and SNA (2), so if he didn't have you write a letter you would have been dropped for SNA and processed for NFO.

scsmith43

pilot
NRC doesn't "lean" one way or another, if you are pro Y for multiple designators then you are processed for your highest Pro Y, no letter is required at all.

What it sounds like is that your OR screwed up and put NFO (1) and SNA (2), so if he didn't have you write a letter you would have been dropped for SNA and processed for NFO.
That makes more sense thank you NavyOffRec.