• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO Rolling Board will be held 2 Dec 2015

FireFor3ffect

Pro Rec N as well.

Anybody know how long it is until a re-application can be submitted?

Uhh, what happened here? We have similar stats and degree and I got selected. Any speculation why you weren't picked up?

It's 6 months to re-submit unless something is drastically changed in your package like an increased ASTB or you got awarded a degree.

Uhh, what happened here? We have similar stats and degree and I got selected. Any speculation why you weren't picked up?

It's 6 months to re-submit unless something is drastically changed in your package like an increased ASTB or you got awarded a degree.

I checked to see if it was anything related to my physical exam, because someone else on here had a problem with that, but I cleared N3M with no issues.

Do you have a document or a link to the spot where it says 6 months is the waiting time? I'd like to take a look at that and possibly help my recruiter with it if I can.

FireFor3ffect

I checked to see if it was anything related to my physical exam, because someone else on here had a problem with that, but I cleared N3M with no issues.

Do you have a document or a link to the spot where it says 6 months is the waiting time? I'd like to take a look at that and possibly help my recruiter with it if I can.
I don't have a document, sorry. I'm working off of what NavyOffRec and RUFiO have said in the past. I'll look around and see what I can find for you though.

afsf1

I also had similar scores and was re-applying after previously declining a selection. I would make certain your package made it to board, as barring any weird issues/waivers there should be absolutely no reason for you to not get picked up.

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
Pro Rec N as well.

Anybody know how long it is until a re-application can be submitted?

I'm unsure of how long you need to wait. But I was N'd in July. Was asking to resubmit for the "Oct" board and missed it. But there was no time limit as far as I was aware. Maybe I don't have the full picture.

But if you're going to retake, your best bet is to get some new letters of recommendation, write a new motivational statement (that even includes getting denied possibly?), and writing a reconsideration letter. Boards don't like seeing the same stuff on a package that's resubmitted.

Getting denied sucks, I've been there but I can say that if you really want this, you'll find a way to make it happen.

Edit. I did retake the ASTB and did all of the above so that's probably why I was able to resubmit so soon.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor

Dude I would call your recruiter and see what's going on. Maybe there was some mixup with your paperwork or something was missing but I can't imagine with your scores and GPA/major you would get a N short of something being wrong with your package or you being a convicted serial killer.

I don't have a document, sorry. I'm working off of what NavyOffRec and RUFiO have said in the past. I'll look around and see what I can find for you though.
I understand - and thank you, I appreciate your help on it.

I also had similar scores and was re-applying after previously declining a selection. I would make certain your package made it to board, as barring any weird issues/waivers there should be absolutely no reason for you to not get picked up.
I hope it's not a huge mistake like that!

I'm unsure of how long you need to wait. But I was N'd in July. Was asking to resubmit for the "Oct" board and missed it. But there was no time limit as far as I was aware. Maybe I don't have the full picture.

But if you're going to retake, your best bet is to get some new letters of recommendation, write a new motivational statement (that even includes getting denied possibly?), and writing a reconsideration letter. Boards don't like seeing the same stuff on a package that's resubmitted.

Getting denied sucks, I've been there but I can say that if you really want this, you'll find a way to make it happen.

Edit. I did retake the ASTB and did all of the above so that's probably why I was able to resubmit so soon.
It really sucks. I'm sticking with it and I'll look into resubmitting as soon as possible. Hoping I don't have to wait 6 months.

wow, I have only seen one other person with scores like your get a N
What happened with that person? Any idea why they didn't get selected?

Dude I would call your recruiter and see what's going on. Maybe there was some mixup with your paperwork or something was missing but I can't imagine with your scores and GPA/major you would get a N short of something being wrong with your package or you being a convicted serial killer.
I've spoken to my recruiter and the results don't have notes or comments or anything, basically no way at all to tell why I didn't get selected. Maybe something will pop up and turn out to have been the issue.