• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO Rolling Board will be held 2 Dec 2015

Sarah Kathleen

Firstly, congrats to all who've been selected so far. Incredibly excited for you! Next, I've been a long time lurker here on airwarriors, and I have to say how much I appreciate all the information on here, you guys definitely provide an awesome amount of knowledge.

I was hoping to get acquainted with all you fine people on a much happier note. However, after a grueling wait for "the call" from my recruiter I was told it was a Pro Rec N for me.
Definitely a punch in the gut to be basically told "no you're not good enough" after such an extensive process.
This is definitely not the end of the road though, just another hurdle to jump. Going to take a breather and focus on the insane amount of finals to get through these next 2 weeks and then re-group and get re-focused on the end-goal. Best of luck to everyone!

*if anyone was curious..my stats:
  • 49 5/6/6
  • 3.30 gpa
  • LOR's from 3 employers & 3 from close family friends (none from military personnel- unfortunately family isn't allowed to write LOR's, and to my thinking it was better to get references from people who've known me my entire life than from those who aren't as well acquainted?)
  • tattoo waivers
Sad to see you weren't selected. keep your head up though and try again! Retake the astb if you have to, beef up your packet and keep the faith!

exNavyOffRec

It says 'B'. I'm guessing that's below the cut off. Is there nay way I can go back to MEPS and redo the test? or have a private optometrist look at me?

you can't go back to MEPS, you can go to a civilian doc, now sometimes MEPS will rush you, the one I worked with did not and did the test by the book, if you pass at a civilian eye doc submit and see what they say, but you will get another depth perception test down the road and if you fail that would be the end.

there were several at my NRD who would fail at MEPS and then passed at a civilian eye doc and went to OCS as SNA, but not a single one ended up continuing on as a SNA, they ALL failed the subsequent depth perception test.

Armitage

you can't go back to MEPS, you can go to a civilian doc, now sometimes MEPS will rush you, the one I worked with did not and did the test by the book, if you pass at a civilian eye doc submit and see what they say, but you will get another depth perception test down the road and if you fail that would be the end.

there were several at my NRD who would fail at MEPS and then passed at a civilian eye doc and went to OCS as SNA, but not a single one ended up continuing on as a SNA, they ALL failed the subsequent depth perception test.

I am still a little confused on what exactly constitutes a pass/fail here. Not only does it say "Pass (B)" on my medical records but I actually remember the nurse saying "Alright awesome you passed, let's move on." Or something to that effect. It wasn't like I barely got it, it was pretty easy for me if I remember correctly.

exNavyOffRec

I am still a little confused on what exactly constitutes a pass/fail here. Not only does it say "Pass (B)" on my medical records but I actually remember the nurse saying "Alright awesome you passed, let's move on." Or something to that effect. It wasn't like I barely got it, it was pretty easy for me if I remember correctly.

you have depth perception but just not good enough for SNA

Kraner

Congrats! Have you been working with LT Hagness at NRD Ohio?

PO Dasch at Perrysburg, but did all my stuff at the Cleveland Office.

Going to take a breather and focus on the insane amount of finals to get through these next 2 weeks and then re-group and get re-focused on the end-goal.

Sorry to hear, but if you still want it, go get it!

You passed for a general grunt. But, bummer man, I've got 20/100 vision so I couldn't be a pilot. However, I passed D so if I could give you that...
Page four of the link,
"Depth Perception: Only stereopsis is tested. Must pass any one of the following three tests:
1. AFVT: at least A – D with no misses.
2. Stereo booklet (Titmus Fly or Randot): 40 arc second circles.
3. Verhoeff: 8/8 corrent on the first trial or, if any are missed, 16/16 correct on the combined second and third trials."

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc.../1_Waiver_Guide_Physical_Standards_130530.pdf

Wanted to give the AD guys some insight, because i was not the perfect candidate, yet just got selected SNA. I left my first command with out an award and below average evals. At my current command I performed well, and got an EP last cycle, but it was 1 of 1. I rushed my degree at UMUC and got a 3.5 final, but 3.2 with how the Navy weighs it. I had to rush everything because of my age and now have to graduate buy June 8 of this year. As far as the ASTB goes, I had to take it three times to qualify for pilot, my final numbers were 47 5/5/5. My OAR actually went down the last time i took it, I found it hard to improve upon and think a lot of AD guys struggle with it because they have been out of school so long, or haven't taken math/physics classes in a while.

As my overall numbers go they are not great, so work hard and don't get discouraged. If the ASTB holds you up keep trying, my numbers were the minimum, but it doesnt matter, just apply and let the board decide.

I was just up for YN1 and advancement was 10%, SNA has a much better selection rate, so stick with your goals and pursue OCS.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
I've seen several times on this thread the misconception that recruiters are told at different times. Not true. If you're a recruiter, PM me with your navy.mil address and I'll e-mail you the link to the N311 Sharepoint internal site. It is run by NRC headquarters and is the home for GENOFF programs such as Aviation, SWO, Supply and IDC. All results are now posted there...for everyone to see at the same time. This might be good to have after tomorrow's SWO board. (hint hint)

afsf1

I've seen several times on this thread the misconception that recruiters are told at different times. Not true. If you're a recruiter, PM me with your navy.mil address and I'll e-mail you the link to the N311 Sharepoint internal site. It is run by NRC headquarters and is the home for GENOFF programs such as Aviation, SWO, Supply and IDC. All results are now posted there...for everyone to see at the same time. This might be good to have after tomorrow's SWO board. (hint hint)
Wish my recruiter would use this forum, as I still have not heard anything and neither has he.

goldmanharry91

I wish you could check for use sometimes @Chop07. My recruiter seems completely oblivious to this and relies heavily on CIRIMS. I still haven't seen any results from the SUPPO board and with SWO (my #1 choice) coming up tomorrow I'm nervous he wont see those for an extended period of time either.

I finally called my recruiter this morning to find out that he is on leave until Thursday. He said he'll check and get back to me then...the wait continues :(

Berryman

Whelp....looks like my package didn't get boarded because it wasn't approved on time (although submitted on time). Good luck to all selected and good luck to the rest of us on the next board (hopefully end of Feb or early March?).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Remember, you're not doing a flight physical at Meps, just a standard military entrance physical. The nurse probably meant to say you've passed DOD standards, not exactly aviation.