• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO Rolling Board will be held 2 Dec 2015

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
Pro Rec Y.

Recruiter: "Hey have you heard anything yet?"
Me: "No not yet, but I'm sure it's soon."
R: "Yeah there's been some hold up here at the district. Let's think worst case scenario, would you be willing to apply SWO?"
Me: "Yeah I guess so. I know I can retake the AST-"
R: "So you don't want to be a pilot then?"
Me: "No. I definitely still want to be a pilot. That's what I want for sure."
R: "Good. Because you got selected."
*insert speechless jabbering of how awesome this is*

Gotta love being fucked with after this long of a wait.

Tjd448

I still have not heard anything out of NRD Philadelphia (or my branch in Baltimore more specifically). Hoping tomorrow morning will be as long I have to wait

Armitage

Ok everyone I am absolutely freaking out. Asked my recruiter just now if he had heard anything from the SNA board and he responded that I wasn't approved because of a problem with my eyesight. Which is really strange because I'm looking at my MEPS forms and I have 20/20 for both near and far sight.

He said I got a 'PQ' letter from the East Coast. I have no idea what this means, and more importantly: why I haven't heard about ANY of this until right now. Did my OR just majorly screw up on some paperwork? What is going on here?

EDIT: So apparently NAMI disqualified me based on my depth perception test, but on my EMPS form that also says Pass. I'm livid and I have no idea what is going on.

Last edited:

Corpsmanup780

pilot
Ok everyone I am absolutely freaking out. Asked my recruiter just now if he had heard anything from the SNA board and he responded that I wasn't approved because of a problem with my eyesight. Which is really strange because I'm looking at my MEPS forms and I have 20/20 for both near and far sight.

He said I got a 'PQ' letter from the East Coast. I have no idea what this means, and more importantly: why I haven't heard about ANY of this until right now. Did my OR just majorly screw up on some paperwork? What is going on here?

That is strange... Quoted directly from BOL "There are two Yes votes required to be final selected. One vote comes from the community boards (which the Y represents). Next, Navy Recruiting Command (NRC) will now send your medical documents through the medical review process here at NRC for commissioning standards. Once Physically Qualified (PQ) letter is issued we will forward your recommendation to the director of OCS Accessions here at NRC for final review and final vote. " I interpret that to mean that our records have not been sent threw the medical review process yet... Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Also on a note regarding your eyesight. There is more that goes into a flight phys that just visual acuity (20/20). You also must pass a slit lamp exam, color vision, interoccular pressure and a few others. You can be failed for eyes at any one of those.

FireFor3ffect

How's your color vision and depth perception?

Armitage

I edited the original post but apparently it's my depth perception.. but I'm looking at the MEPS form and it says pass on it. How can I pass at MEPS but NAMI fails me?

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Pro Rec Y.

Recruiter: "Hey have you heard anything yet?"
Me: "No not yet, but I'm sure it's soon."
R: "Yeah there's been some hold up here at the district. Let's think worst case scenario, would you be willing to apply SWO?"
Me: "Yeah I guess so. I know I can retake the AST-"
R: "So you don't want to be a pilot then?"
Me: "No. I definitely still want to be a pilot. That's what I want for sure."
R: "Good. Because you got selected."
*insert speechless jabbering of how awesome this is*

Gotta love being fucked with after this long of a wait.
Congrats bro!!! Happy for you!

exNavyOffRec

I edited the original post but apparently it's my depth perception.. but I'm looking at the MEPS form and it says pass on it. How can I pass at MEPS but NAMI fails me?

because on the MEPS form it will say PASS and then give a letter, if you don't pass with enough of them you still have depth perception but not good enough to be a pilot

Armitage

It says 'B'. I'm guessing that's below the cut off. Is there nay way I can go back to MEPS and redo the test? or have a private optometrist look at me?

hermdj11

It says 'B'. I'm guessing that's below the cut off. Is there nay way I can go back to MEPS and redo the test? or have a private optometrist look at me?
Thats the letter line that you passed on the depth perception test. For SNA a student has to pass lines A-D in a certain amount of time. I had the same issue when I first went through the June SNA board. The next day I made an appointment with the optometrist and asked him to give me a stereo vision test that the Navy accepts (either Randot or titmus fly). I scored great on the Randot and sent in the results to beef up my packet for the next board and made it in September. Never give up man!

scsmith43

pilot
Thats the letter line that you passed on the depth perception test. For SNA a student has to pass lines A-D in a certain amount of time. I had the same issue when I first went through the June SNA board. The next day I made an appointment with the optometrist and asked him to give me a stereo vision test that the Navy accepts (either Randot or titmus fly). I scored great on the Randot and sent in the results to beef up my packet for the next board and made it in September. Never give up man!
I too did this. Failed the depth perception test at MEPS and aced the Randot test at a civilian Optometrist that same day.

Armitage

Definitely not giving up. But Jesus I guess I have a few more months of waiting in store for me.

So I can just make an appointment with any optometrist or does it have to be through one of the MEPS doctors? Also how do they know if I failed the test is the only thing is says on my form is 'Pass (B)'.