• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO Rolling Board will be held 2 Dec 2015

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator

Haha yeah it was a frustrating, but galvanizing experience. Made me really aware of what lengths I was willing to go through to make this happen. Congratulations on your selection though, that's rad. You stoked??

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Haha yeah it was a frustrating, but galvanizing experience. Made me really aware of what lengths I was willing to go through to make this happen. Congratulations on your selection though, that's rad. You stoked??
I'm pretty pumped! I've been wanting this for a while. Till I leave I'm just golfing.

Phoenix19917

My convoluted story begins... Now.

Senior year of college, 1st semester. Started talks with recruiters. Called local office in Lakeland, was patched to Miami officer recruiter. Started doing all the applications, motivational statements LORs, waivers, etc. Was told that there were no MEPS, or ASTB-E, locations anywhere outside Miami. Was made to drive 6 hours to Miami. Woke up at 4am to go to MEPS, followed by ASTB right after. Took the exams and did meh.

Recruiter then held onto my package for whatever reasons for three months without submitting. So I transferred package to NRD San Francisco (father works out there, so I took advantage of the fact that someone actually invested in my future was there to help). Submitted the package for July boards and didn't make the cut.

Retook my exam, except this time I was made aware that I never needed to go to Miami, when I could have gone to Tampa for my testing. Resubmitted application with necessary additions out of San Francisco still.

... And now we are here.

Tldr; communication within districts is sometimes worse than between the districts.
You applied for SNA/NFO in July? If so what did your stats look like?( I know you retook I'm just wondering)

puggle

Actually not the county, there is alcohol sold everywhere. It is the school that forbids students and faculty from drinking,

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
Mood right now:

Worry.jpg

At least my basketball teams (Warriors, Boilermakers) are keeping my spirits high.

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
Actually not the county, there is alcohol sold everywhere. It is the school that forbids students and faculty from drinking,

Four years at an institution like that and if you don't come out with at least three alcohol violations and a training exercise for potential RAs, then you didn't do it right.

I speak from experience since my school was the same way. We had a dive bar not even two miles down the road that led to a lot of mistakes and righteous stories for my classmates.

Corpsmanup780

pilot
Could be worse... When my recruiter thought the board was OCT 1 for submissions, she took two weeks vacation and pawned me off to her assistant haha. I don't think the recruiters have any news yet anyway. I'm sure even if they're on vacation though, if they found out a recruit was PRO REC Yd they would call them anyway... My recruiter talks to me on weekends, after work hours, etc. But she's pretty awesome!

Either you have a really invested recruiter or you are giving him/her too much credit. This is not to say that they are terrible people, they are just like you and me, when we are on vacation the last thing on our mind is work. Chances are unless your recruiter is a bit of a workaholic, they are not thinking about your package. You will likely find out when they return.

Sarah Kathleen

Either you have a really invested recruiter or you are giving him/her too much credit. This is not to say that they are terrible people, they are just like you and me, when we are on vacation the last thing on our mind is work. Chances are unless your recruiter is a bit of a workaholic, they are not thinking about your package. You will likely find out when they return.
My recruiter is like 45, no husband or kids. When She was on vacation I had an issue getting my dual enrollment credits from high school and called her just to see if she would answer and she drove from Mesa to Goodyear az (about an hour) at 5 pm to pick up my stuff because the school couldn't get them to her on time and I guess you can't personally hand in your transcripts to the recruiter ?
Or maybe she just liked me personally. Who knows.

Phoenix19917

My recruiter is like 45, no husband or kids. When She was on vacation I had an issue getting my dual enrollment credits from high school and called her just to see if she would answer and she drove from Mesa to Goodyear az (about an hour) at 5 pm to pick up my stuff because the school couldn't get them to her on time and I guess you can't personally hand in your transcripts to the recruiter ?
Or maybe she just liked me personally. Who knows.
That is a Motivated OR and a pretty great Human !

afsf1

Just received news from @RUFiO181 that the board has been postponed indefinitely, and will most likely roll into the next board tentatively scheduled for March.