• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO Rolling Board will be held 2 Dec 2015

Kraner

Agree with above, however, a lot of people from the Sept board have 24Jan dates (4 months) and some even earlier. Smaller board though...

As far as results of this board, is it atypical to get the results right away like the did for the last board? my recruiter says hopefully we know before Christmas...

AUSWO1316

LVideo89
my recruiter says hopefully we know before Christmas...
It would be a great Christmas present. Top of my list to Santa this year....along with a pre-Christmas bowl game and conference championship (which would be a great way to leave my current position)

mb1685

Agree with above, however, a lot of people from the Sept board have 24Jan dates (4 months) and some even earlier. Smaller board though...

As far as results of this board, is it atypical to get the results right away like the did for the last board? my recruiter says hopefully we know before Christmas...

I've watched quite a few SNA/NFO board threads here over the years and it seems to be normal for the results to get out to all NRDs within just a few days.

sharkbait1

pilot
I've watched quite a few SNA/NFO board threads here over the years and it seems to be normal for the results to get out to all NRDs within just a few days.
mb, are you scheduled for this board? Didn't you make it back in September?

mb1685

mb, are you scheduled for this board? Didn't you make it back in September?

Nope, my kit was being held until 1 Oct at that point. It's actually a good thing though because I had two very minor medical procedures done after being PQ'd and due to some miscommunication, the records from those hadn't been sent to N3M at that point, so that could have opened a nasty can of worms if I'd been selected but had undocumented/unapproved procedures done. I had those records and a Change Of Questionnaire form sent in during the second week of October, so hopefully everything was squared away in time to get my kit ready to be reviewed by 12 Nov. My recruiter's communication has been pretty vague and unclear, but I think my kit made it to NRC in time.

If I'm selected for this board, the stars still need to align though. 3 Jan is the only OCS class that would work for me for SNA since I turn 27 in early April (and of course I can't roll). It looks like that class has been getting filled up so I'm hoping some spots are still open, plus I'm sure the chances aren't too great for getting a FINSEL and reporting to OCS all during the span of about 1 month from being PROREC'd. I believe @varlogkern managed to make a similar timeline work though, so I haven't given up hope.

Last edited:

sharkbait1

pilot
Nope, my kit was being held until 1 Oct at that point. It's actually a good thing though because I had two very minor medical procedures done after being PQ'd and due to some miscommunication, the records from those hadn't been sent to N3M at that point, so that could have opened a nasty can of worms if I'd been selected but had undocumented/unapproved procedures done. I had those records and a Change Of Questionnaire form sent in during the second week of October, so hopefully everything was squared away in time to get my kit ready to be reviewed by 12 Nov. My recruiter's communication has been pretty vague and unclear, but I think my kit made it to NRC in time.

If I'm selected for this board, the stars still need to align though. 3 Jan is the only OCS class that would work for me for SNA since I turn 27 in early April (and of course I can't roll). It looks like that class has been getting filled up so I'm hoping some spots are still open, plus I'm sure the chances aren't too great for getting a FINSEL and reporting to OCS all during the span of about 1 month from being PROREC'd. I believe @varlogkern managed to make a similar timeline work though, so I haven't given up hope.
Oh man, I really hope you get picked up! Would be a tight timeline, but like you said possible. Best of luck man!

Noah G. Smith

So I thought my package was going to be ready for review this December, but it won't be. I thought my waiver for my minor marijuana offense (expunged) as a teenager was already approved, but I was wrong. I just got a call last Thursday from the Lt responsible for waivers in my area and she asked me some questions relating to the event. She ended up giving me the waiver, but when I asked my recruiter today if he thinks my package will still be ready to review this December, he said no. He keeps saying all of my stuff needs to be in 30 days prior to the convening of the board for them to look at it, and since I just got my waiver on Thursday, it won't be looked at. I'm kind of surprised they started my security clearance (which was about 4 weeks ago) before I even got my waiver.
The weird thing is, the Lt I talked to about my waiver said it would most likely be ready to be reviewed. So what do you guys think. Will I have to wait until February or is there a chance this time around?

SoopurHero816

I am no expert, but if your recruiter says no, I would imagine he's got some accuracy behind it. My security clearance was done as well prior to me submitting. I am sure that @RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec has some insight on this. Sorry to hear, man. :(

exNavyOffRec

I am no expert, but if your recruiter says no, I would imagine he's got some accuracy behind it. My security clearance was done as well prior to me submitting. I am sure that @RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec has some insight on this. Sorry to hear, man. :(

It wouldn't surprise me if they have already stopped taking applications for the next board given the time it takes to get reviewed by the NRC chain.